My OB is so confusing- bc pills to STOP strong ovulation? while ttc?!

babydoll06

Reaction score
This is the second month in a row that I've had very, very, very strong ovulation pains and soreness that has lasted for days afterwards. Last month after having multiple blood and urine tests come up negative for both bacteria and pregnancy, I had a cat scan, an ultrasound and several pelvic exams. Everything came back fine- no cysts, no infection. He labeled it "pelvic inflammatory disease" & gave me two rounds of levaquin (antibiotic)..

This month the pain started up again, right at ovulation, just like last time. He checked again- said no infections or cysts. Repeat blood draw. I said "I am for sure ovulating aren't I?" and he said "Oh yeah, you're ovulating like crazy".. and put me on birth control pills twice a day for three weeks to see if it would calm it down. I'm on 2-4 dpo.. I'm supposed to start the bc today but after web searching found that it'd basically be the same concept as using plan b and chose not to go down that route, since we are ttc. Has anyone ever heard about this? I love my ob, he's a dear, dear, man.. but he seems to think everyone knows whats going on in his head and properly fails at explaining anything.. Please give me some input, if you have any.. :wacko:

I have never heard of doing this - especially the BCPs twice a day. I'm sorry I don't have any other advice than that for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->