My overdue poem

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Tarkwa, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Tarkwa

Tarkwa Mummy to two boys :) xxx

I'm only 1 day overdue, but as I was ironing DH's shirts this morning this just popped into my head:

My EDD has been and gone
    Where are you my little one?
    We didn't think he'd be late
    But the best things come to those who wait...
    :cloud9:

We waited a long time for our little miracle (LTTTC for 20 months, not half as bad as some people I know) but we can't wait any longer to meet him. DH is desperate to see him and have a cuddle - he keeps pressing on the top of my tummy saying "GET OUT!". Just been to the midwife and everything is good (still 2/5ths palpable but at least he is LOA) but she couldn't do a sweep unless I was past 41 weeks (practice policy although the hospital did one at 39 but that clearly didn't work!). She did say he would be out soon though :happydance:.

Lots of love and hugs to anyone who is overdue - hope you don't have to wait too much longer :hugs:.
    xxx

2. scaredmmy2b

scaredmmy2b Mommy to a perfect son!

Hope your little one comes soon! Lots of labor dust to you and hopes for a smooth delivery

3. Tarkwa

Tarkwa Mummy to two boys :) xxx

Still pregnant. Have had some BH contractions today...I think. Hoping he'll be here before MY due date (LMP 14 Feb = EDD 22 Nov) otherwise I will get very cranky. Have obsgynae appt at 41w so guess if he's not here by then then induction discussions will be taking place. Have asked DH if babe isn't here to come with me to the hospital (have been going to all my ante-natal appts on my own) and he of course agreed (lucky I made a late appt so he won't have to take too much time off work). Let's hope we don't have to go to that appt!!!
    xxx

4. Beccy23

Beccy23 happy mummy

im hanging on in there too i have a sweep booked for 22nd and she will give me a date for induction then too if the sweep doesnt get him moving

5. Lady_Bee

Lady_Bee Two little ones

Haha that's a cute poem :D Aw I really hope your LO arrives soon!

6. Shanelley

Shanelley Mummy :)

cool poem, im overdue also :(

7. oox_tasha_xoo

oox_tasha_xoo Well-Known Member

Hope LO comes soon :hugs: xxx