My Potato Smiley...Abbi Louise 13th of August 09 (long with pics lol)

Discussion in 'Birth Stories & Announcements' started by nuttymummy, Aug 28, 2009.

1. nuttymummy

nuttymummy Smitten Mum of 2

[​IMG]My Perfect Little Potato Smiley - Abbi Louise[​IMG]
    13th August 2009
    8lb

:flower:just a warning...this is a long one...so grab sum cake n a cuppa!:flower:

:cloud9:Quick info:
    Due Date: 4th August
    Birth Date: 13th August
    Time: 5.02pm
    Pain Relief: Deep breathing and Diamorphine
    Birth Weight: 8lb
    Name: Abbi Louise Rothwell
    Contractions started: 3.20am (13th August)

Ok...lets get started!

[​IMG]
    The Usual Toilet Trip.....
    I'd been getting up at 3am for a pee every night for about a week!....but on the 13th of August it was abit different.....got up..went to the loo, got back in bed and at 3.20am i got my first contraction! quite a strongish one too. i waited a while until i had 3 more n got my little stopwatch thingy on my phone :) they were coming every 7 minutes. OH was asleep:sleep: in our sons room at the time so i managed to have a good stretch around the bed!

It was only when i had to get up 7 more times for the loo that OH woke up!...he walked into the room n said...'what the hell are u doing??' (bearing in mind it was now only 4.45am in the morning and i was sat at my dressing table trying to paint my toe nails :rofl:) I said casually that i wanted pretty nails for the hospital lol...and he said..'why??..have u started??' i just nodded n he went into blind panic :rofl:

[​IMG]
    Bathing with Incy Wincy at 5.00am....
    OH was flapping because he had works keys...n no-one would be able to get in without them so he had to speed off at 5.00am (he works about half an hour away). I really wanted a shower but would have to wait till OH got back to hold the shower head for me coz its broke!:dohh: by now my contractions had gone down to 5 mins apart....so i thought it was best just to have a bath instead whilst he was out just incase things progressed faster than planned! so i filled the bath.....n was just about to get in when i saw a big spider floating around on the surface.......any other time i would have shreiked and splashed it about until it drowned :rofl: but during a contraction i thought 'what the hell!!' n just got in. After scrubbing n shaving like a mad woman i just sat quiet in the bath for a while. Looking down at incy wincy floating around my hard bump i actually started laughing n thought how weird it was that i was bathing with a spider at 5.00am!!:wacko:

[​IMG]
    Why?? Why?? Why??
    WHY?? Just as i was getting out the bath...my 3 year old had woken up and was stood at the baby gate shouting through the bathroom door. WHY on earth...did he have to start the 'why?' thing today!!!! 'mummy what u doing?'
    me...stood leant on the bath having a contraction...'nothing, ill be out in a minute'...i walk out with a towel around me and a towel on my head!
    mummy....Why have u got two towels?...
    Because i need two...
    'Why?'
    'Because one is for my body, n one for my hair'
    'Why is it wet?'
    now with gritted teeth having another contraction....'Because it is....'
    'Why?'
    LORD SAVE ME!!....he decided to start this 'why' thing on the exact day i go into labour....just great!:dohh:
    After lots more contractions, lots more Why's...that i couldnt answer..OH FINALLY got back home! yay!! I said they were pretty painful...n OH said...dont worry u can have an epidural......to which my 3 year old thought was highly amusing n started to repeat.....mummy are u having an Epidoodle??? it was funny the first 2 times...but he said it over n over again lol

[​IMG]
    Alvin and the Chipmunks??
    We all got ready, mum came to pick Kai up, and OH was starting to get worried as with one contraction it was only 1 minute apart n i was on the way up the stairs...on hands n knees! Everybody was thinking this was it...we needed to go to hospital, but they slowed right down again...back to 7 minutes. I suggested we watch a film to pass the time....OH went through the whole lot and he chose Alvin and the Chipmunks...WTF??? i wasnt in the mood to argue with him so i let him watch it :rofl: hes a big kid ...i would rather have watched a horror movie lol. I managed to watch most of it, but it was the most predictable film i had ever seen! After biting OH's finger a few times during the film due to contractions i decided to go n put my make-up on...anything was better than bloody chipmunks!.....I stayed at home till contractions were 4 mins apart, and decided it was time to go into hospital to see how dilated i was. I could have stayed home longer really...but i wasnt looking forward to the car journey so thought it was best to get it over n done with whilst i could still handle the pain!

[​IMG]
    Road Rage.....
    OH helped me into the car at about 12.30pm n we set off....i was waving at people i knew from the car:rofl: and usually in this sort of situation, u always get some prat driving on the road when ur in a hurry....but they were out in force that day!! OH was raving like a mad man n inbetween contractions i was laughing. It was my turn to get road rage though half way there...the bumps made my contractions more painful so OH kept pulling over everytime i had one....though i wanted him to carry on driving or else it would take forever to get there! just as i was having another he put his indicator on n started to pull over....by this point i had, had enough n said..'JUST BLOODY DRIVE WILL YA!??
    poor OH :rofl:
    we got to hospital, parked up, went in, and luckily a room was available n they showed me 2 one straight away!!:happydance:
    She came in 10 mins later to examine me n told me i was 5 cm....but baby was still high up so i needed to walk around. From then on...i hardly ever saw a MW...it was just me n OH battling it out on our own :)

[​IMG]
    Quick!! Mop it up!!.....
    I tried walking around...but unlike last time it made my contractions worse....so i thought ill just go to the loo n ill have to get back on the bed. Went to the loo...had a wee, but then felt a gush too n thought that must be my waters! Waddling back into the room i was leaning on the bed whilst i was having another contraction, and water started running down my leg...then there was small gushes coming out. OH was standin there wide eyed...n i said...quick!! mop it up! :rofl: im a tidy girl :) OH was scrambling round behind me with paper towels trying to put them on the floor between my legs whilst trying to dodge the gushes :rofl:
    its at this point i started to feel abit weird...as if the room was moving. But it wasnt the room that was moving!! it was the bloody bed! i was leaning on it and it started to roll away from me...but my feet were still fixed to the floor trying to keep my waters on the paper....i screeched...'QUICK..the bed!!!' so OH had to spring into action again n catch it before i went face first onto the floor...i was mid contraction so couldnt use my stomach muscles to hold the bed in place....god it was funny!! lol

[​IMG]
    My Body is Pushing for Me...Where are the Midwives??....
    A midwife finally came in and i told her my waters had broken and was there a chance of an epidural....she was very stern n said u dont need one, or doing fine without...do u want gas n air? i said no....she said try it...its really good...i said i dont want it!!! so she disapeard until they were ready for swapping shifts....luckily i got a really lovely MW!! but the other one was telling her my progress n bitchily said..she wont have gas n air...wont even try it!! she wants an epidural. So the other MW said...would u like Diamorphine? (which was totally new to me! it wasnt mentioned as pain relief in the hospital booklet) so i said...is it like Pethidine...if so i dont want it. She said...no its really good...so i agreed. I had the shot in my leg...AND IT DID NOTHING! i wasnt sure what it was supposed to do but all it did was make me want to shut my eyes!:dohh:anyhoo...all the MW kept saying was...arent u so calm n relaxed? i was thinking at the time...relaxed!!?? when my contractions were shooting off the chart! i was watching the numbers shoot way past 99 until it simply showed a H and the graph was shooting off like crazy!

The woman in the next room was screaming bloody murder and then heard a little alarm....to which all the MW shot off n dissapeard.
    Just as my lovely MW left the room, my body started pushing. it was really intense!! i was trying not to push but my muscles were having non of it!!! in the end i gave in and was doing three very powerful pushes with each contraction. OH was in a panic n said...dont push!! i was like...i cant its doing it on its own!!

[​IMG]
    ARGGHH PLEASE let me get mi gloves on!!...
    After about 5 contractions, the MW came back in....i said....i cant stop my body from pushing....she said...ooo thats good, i knew you wouldnt be long.....lets have a look. She lifted the blanket n then went OOOO...let mi get the pack out!! and told OH to hit the emergency button...he was tripping over himself trying to get round the bed without looking between my legs that the MW raced n got there before him. At this point i had another contraction n started to push....the MW wailed...LET mi get mi gloves on!! PLEASE let me get my gloves on!! she was ripping a green pack open full of tools n gloves n she ripped the blanket off me n threw it across the room, another MW walked in to answer the emergency n quickly jumped into action too. she literally snapped her right glove on and said...HEAD DELIVERED AT 5.01!! i was totally amazed...i didnt expect the head to be out so soon...i was expecting to be pushing for longer but to hear the head was out i was exstatic!! one more push and little Abbi was born...full of vernix. She was placed onto me and OH jumped up to have a look at her. she was wide awake n just stared up at us.....but the MW gave us abit of a panic when she said..'he' twice....I said...he? and started to pull the towel off to have a look....she said SORRY!! i mean she!...all the others delivered today have been boys! i thought...bloody good job, everything is pink! :rofl::cloud9:
    The placenta was delivered which felt very weird lol and she said i had a first degree tear but wasnt bleeding :happydance: i was suprised coz she was 8lb!! The helper MW said she has a lovely shaped head becasue she came down the birth canal that fast!! i must have some good muscles up there!)

[​IMG]
    My Little Potato Smiley...
    Yup...we are totally in love with her, OH was AMAZING as a birth partner...he was so useless the first time but he helped mop up my waters, and spots of blood off the floor were i was waddling after birth! he helped me so much and i feel sooo lucky to have him. He was so good to me n i love him to bits :) though he did admit i caught a quick glimpse of between my legs n mistook the babies head as a patch i had forgotten to shave :rofl: the nutter!

She has a nickname already....our little potato smiley, coz when she comes off the boob after a feed she has a little round face n a grin like a potato smiley :cloud9:

:hugs:Thank-You:hugs:
    Just want to say a HUGE thank-u to everyone who have answered my daft questions n kept up with my posts!, n to the flumpy bumps for being there through the whole journey...You girls have been great listening to my totally random posts n stupid questions im so glad we got to share our pregnancies together.....thank-you:flower:

and now... if u got this far.....it was a VERY long read.....so now some pics for u to look at :)

ABBI LOUISE

First a little vid off her pulling faces...and having a little giggle to herself in her sleep!
    [​IMG]

:cloud9:Pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. golcarlilly

golcarlilly Proud mum of 2

Absolutely fab birth story Tracey, you made me laugh as usual :rofl: Abbi is totally gorgeous :cloud9:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :kiss:

3. dollchanel

dollchanel Member

i love your birth story. congratulations on your beautiful little girlxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4. topazicatzbet

topazicatzbet mummy to 2 boys

oh she is beautiful, and i loved reading the story. congratulations!

5. Scally

Scally Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! she is gorgeous!

6. eeyore007

eeyore007 New Mummy to Frances

Oh that really really made me laugh!! She's a real sweety - Well done!

7. xx~Lor~xx

xx~Lor~xx Young mummy of 3 <3

:D Brilliant birth story! So funny :) Congratulations, she is absolutely adorable!

xoxox

8. mrsraggle

mrsraggle Wifey & Mummy

An absolutely gorgeous little girl and Kai looks like such a proud big brother!!

9. Katieeeee

Katieeeee Guest

What a LOVELY story and what a gorgeous baby! Congratulations :) xx

10. Duffy

Duffy Well-Known Member

What a creative way to tell your birth story I had lots of fun reading it, congrats on the lil doll, she a cutie!

11. MoonMuffin

MoonMuffin Mom of 2!

Such a fun birth story! You made it really fun to read, so creative. Congrats on your little girl too!

12. Jai_Jai

Jai_Jai Mummy to my Jellies

Fantastic!!!! Brilliant birth story Tracy - thanks for sharing it with us :D she is gorgeous!! I forgot you were overdue too - makes me feel soooo much better :hugs: thanks hun xxxx I have enjoyed sharing our pregs together and look forward to sharing those baby days with you too xx

13. nuttymummy

nuttymummy Smitten Mum of 2

thanks everyone!!

and Jen...thats so sweet, im sure ur little bubs will be here in no time...being overdue was hardwork...but once ur LO is here u just totally forget about it!...when writing this birth story i actually forgot the day of my due date :rofl: looking forward to seeing ur cute little bubs!! all the luck in the world hun xxx

14. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

huge congratulations, she is beautiful - and what a fab birth story xx

15. amazed

amazed Mummy of 4 <3

Your birth story made me giggle... congrats hun she is adorable...x

16. sweetcheeks85

sweetcheeks85 Well-Known Member

Awwww congrats she is gorgeous :cloud9:

Totally loved ure birth story :flower:

17. joeyjo

joeyjo Mum to 2boys, growing #3

Fabulous birth story, a beautiful little girl with a handsome big bro, love the pics!

18. ILoveShoes

ILoveShoes Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!
    She is absolutely beautiful, and I loved reading your story.
    Thank you.:flower:
    x

19. bunnyg82

bunnyg82 Mum to 2 gorgeous boys

Aww congratulations! I loved your story and the little pics you put in to break it up!

And she is adorable, the video and pics are gorgeous x

20. Kiddo

Kiddo Well-Known Member

Brilliant birth story honey. Abbi is so gorgeous! You know how some babies you wouldn't know if it was a boy or girl if they weren't wearing pink or blue? Well, I reckon Abbi looks like a proper little girl even without the pink. She's just beautiful.