My pram shop has shut down

louise2710

Mummy to Oscar
Reaction score
and I havent got my pram yet. They havent even ordered it yet despite assurances for teh last 4 weeks taht it was ordered and would be 1-2 weeks. Im gutted. We paid cash too, so if i dont get it Im going to lose the money! we also ordered our car seat from there which she said she already had, ao i asked her to deliever it last night, which she did. It turns out shed bought it from halfords so it looks like she has no trade accounts left with anyone due to owing them money :cry:

Oh no was this '9 months' in gosforth? We drove up there a couple of weeks ago and was sad to see it had closed.

At least you got the car seat and you never know the pram might come. I've heard of bridal shops where the dresses still turned up.

yeah it was. Shes just text me-shes goen bankrupt! SO guess thats £500 we wont be seeing again! I am so going to cry. thanks for your reply

Oh no I'm really sorry to hear this sending u loads of hugs x

Oh no, that is awful!!

:hugs: oh that is awful, i'd think about contacting trading standards or the like to see where you stand and your rights :hugs: xx

Oh my god that terrible!!! I'd want proof the pram was ordered or a full refund. If that wasn't possible I'd want a pram any pram for the mopney she owed!! X

It's just rubbish, the problem is you paid cash so I don't think there's much you can do.

Try looking at Martin Lewis's website, apparently you can apply to the administrators or something.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/company-administration-help

There really isnt anything i can do at the min. She keeps saying she will get us the pram/give us the money at teh end of teh month but tbh if shes bankrupt she wont be able to. She did say that there was a shop in middlesborough with a pram the same as the one weve ordered which was hers (no idea how) but she said it would take 1-2 weeks to get so i think shes lying again. Ive checked the companies register and the individual regsiter and she personally isnt appearing, nor is the shop (yet) so im just trying to sit tight. I really dont know how we will afford another pram if this doesnt materialise (which i dont expect it to). Im so glad i ordered well in advance. Please please pay for your prams by credit cards girls so youre covered if this happens.

that's just awful, even though it was cash you paid surely there's something that can be done you still gave the woman your money for the pram and you haven't received it so by rights you should still be able to get your money back. Fingers crossed you get the pram you wanted or your money bk :( xx

If you have paid cash you might find it difficult to get back:( Its so horrid to have something like this happen. I really feel for you. I hope there is some chance you might still get the pram.

I always strongly advise anyone to buy big purchases on credit card - just because of the extra protection it gives you. YOu just pay the card off at the end of the month - so no interest.

Really sorry to hear that. Hope you get it sorted soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->