My pregnancy is causing my OHs parents to divorce!

NewMummyTurne

Reaction score
OHs dad never really came round to the idea, hasn’t spoken to OH in weeks, OHs mum has been texting us and then rang today to tell us about a wedding we missed where OHs dad put his hands on his face shook them and proceeded to walked out when a family member walked up to him and jokingly said “hey granddad!”

According to OHs mum he’s not happy about the entire situation all he does is swears at the computer go to work come home sulk, swear at the computer..... And apparently its all because I’m pregnant.

She now says she thinks they won’t be together at Christmas

Feel so badddd :nope:

You can't blame yourself hun, if anybody, it's OH's dad's fault!!! He sounds like he's being really immature. Even if he didn't like you there is no reason to act like such an idiot about it.

Cheer up :) YOU didn't cause this. It probably would have happened even if it had been any other woman your OH was with.

XxX

I feel sorry for them, but his Dad is acting like a complete and utter prat.

Maybe she'll be better off without him!

You can't blame yourself, it's his problem if he's being a childish fool, how on earth could your being pregnant cause them to split up? They can't be a strong couple to begin with if that's the case!

He sounds like an idiot to me, what is his problem exactly with you being pregnant??

He sounds like an idiot to me, what is his problem exactly with you being pregnant??

This is what I'm wondering, too - what is it about you being pregnant that affects him so much that he's behaving like this?

It's not your fault and for anyone to blame you for bring a wonderful baby into this world because they don't agree are some kind of people who you should stay far away from! it sounds like it is easier to blame you then him self about the situation and the fact that he is getting older and is going to be a grandfather. no matter who his son has fathered a child with he should love it none the less! he sounds like a really piece of work and sound like he has been spoiled like a child. don't worry hun none of this is in anyway should make you feel bad. if they are not going to be together then it was inevitable no matter what situation was. sounds like he is using this pregnancy to get out of his relationship! BIG:hugs:

Wow what a complete weirdo!! Its not your fault in any way so don't feel bad!! Is he young to be a grandad? Maybe that is his problem and he's going through a mid life crisis!! Its a shame for your OH's mum but if he is going to be like this then perhaps she will be better off without him!!

Hun there are deeper underlying problems with them and it sounds like this is just another reason for him to have things go wrong and cause issues. Don't feel sorry he sounds like a class A Arsehole xx

Their situation has nothing to do with you. There will be many underlying issues that you may be unaware of. Sometimes people are looking for an excuse to leave when relationships become so strained - it sounds like that is what is happening here. All you can do is be there for your OH and support him through this time. It would be awful if his father missed out on a wonderful relationship with your baby - it may just take him time to get used to the idea. :hugs:

In my opinion there is no way that this is the cause of them potentially spliiting up, it sounds like this is being used as the perfect excuse for an escape where they don't have to look at themselves and their issues, much better to blame an innocent party to excuse their underlying issues.
I would forget about them and focus on your family unit, after all this is a wonderful time for you so don't let immature people ruin it, family or not xx

In my opinion there is no way that this is the cause of them potentially spliiting up, it sounds like this is being used as the perfect excuse for an escape where they don't have to look at themselves and their issues, much better to blame an innocent party to excuse their underlying issues.
I would forget about them and focus on your family unit, after all this is a wonderful time for you so don't let immature people ruin it, family or not xx

completely agree with all of this! there is no WAY you or your pregnancy is to blame! perhaps it has made him show his true colours... but that's it. Do not feel guilty for one second. the man sounds like an utter dick.

Hi all,

I dont know why me being pregnant has caused such issues, we're not THAT young 21,22 his dad must be late 40's early 50's so I guess thats a little young to be a grandparents but still not REALLY young???

After thinking it over, your right, there was issues before my pregnancy with them but they seemed to be getting on with it. you know typical couple stuff nothing major? apart from his dad having a slight computer gaming addiction (thought that came with all males these days though!)

I feel really sad because I did get on with both of his parents and sometimes more than my own! And so now I find myself questioning if they even wanted OH to be with me! But my OH says that would be his choice no matter what they though/think anyway.

I hope its just a rough patch they're going through and that my pregnancy isn't the extra strain on thier relationship that could caused it to break.

Just seems like one thing after another recently.

It sounds like they have been having problems for a while so dont feel to blame hun.
He is being quite immature.

He obviously has some issues and it wouldnt suprise me if he feels like a bit of an idiot and guilty when your beautiful baby (his grandchild) arrives and steals his heart!

xxx

I think it' pretty disgusting how his father is acting and I don't blame your OH's mother if she is the one wanting to leave him. He sounds like he's not right in the head.

I say stay well away from them and just worry about yourself and your LO. Those people need to sort their shit out, you don't need to be around them and impacted by their drama. It's so obvious they have issues they haven't dealt with and possibly blaming you. That's crap hun, so sorry you're dealing with that.

Wow wat an immature a hole! And sorry late 40's early 50's is not too young to be a grandparent my Friends mum was 32!!!!!!

He needs to grow a pair and don't u go worrying none of this is your fault! It's yours and oh relationship and baby not his he's just an extension. X

Wow wat an immature a hole! And sorry late 40's early 50's is not too young to be a grandparent my Friends mum was 32!!!!!!

He needs to grow a pair and don't u go worrying none of this is your fault! It's yours and oh relationship and baby not his he's just an extension. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->