My puzzling tale...

Carlee

Reaction score
So the last time I had unprotected sex was mid-December and we did it several times a day for 3 days around my estimated ovulation date.
My cycles are 25-29 days long.
I tested negative on a 25 miu ic on CD 36. I always never got a bfp later than CD 35 before so I didn't test again.
Finally on CD 43 I started spotting, then bleeding the next day and on the 3rd day it just stopped.
It was shorter than my usual period but I was pretty convinced I was officially out.
Then, counting the day I started spotting as CD 1, by what I presumed was CD 30 I had terribly strong symptoms but no AF. I didn't think I could be pregnant as I hadn't had unprotected sex. Still I thought since I had some ic tests, I'd do one to be 100% sure and then AF would come and I'd feel better.
To my amazement I got a bfp! And then another 4 bfps since.
Does anyone have an explanation?
Or a similar story?

When you say you haven’t had unprotected sex since December, have you had any type of sex? And if so what protection did you use?
I’d guess ether you got pregnant in December and had a breakthrough bleed on cd43, or ovulated late and that was your implantation bleed. Or maybe that was a period, and your protection failed and you got pregnant in January.
The only way you’ll know is to have a scan - they’ll probably want to scan you ASAP as there are some tests that can only be done before 13 weeks, and you may be coming up to that depending on when your last ‘proper’ period was.
Congratulations :)

Well I did get some pinky-beige spotting in December roughly 10 days after my estimated ovulation, if that can shed any light.
We used condoms for the 1 time we had sex on what I presume to be CD 11.
I can't get an appt until next week at the earliest so I'm going over and over it in my mind whilst I wait, comparing my symptoms to my previous pregnancies...

You could have had a dud test the first time you tested? I had a dud test, although on that one the control line came up faint! Can't think of any other reason why you'd get a negative unless the HCG was low so a 25 miu test wasn't enough?

Well with the ic tests, I've had evaps that look like faint bfps so unless the 2nd line is strong, I consider it a bfn.
Maybe I mistook a faint positive for an evap this time...

*UPDATE*
Called my local midwife and she gave me an appt on the 26th which was the earliest she could do. She's definitely going to prescribe blood work but I'm not sure if she'll do or prescibe anything else yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->