My scary day - UPDATE, good news 5w0d

JumpingIn

Mummy+TTC#2
Reaction score
On the way to work this morning I started to feel twinges on my right side. They were coming and going and becoming more intense, like an ovulation pain (right on the ovary) but stronger until they made me wince. Odd, I thought. I called my gp to check it was nothing to worry about. She told me to go to A&E and started talking about an ectopic pregnancy :nope: I was terrified!

After a long wait at the hospital I gave a urine sample and was called back to talk to the nurse. She told me my pregnancy test was negative. I broke down, was inconsolable, was texting my partner to break the news...
"Sorry, yours was positive, I ticked the wrong box. Yes, it was a very strong positive".

F%47^! :growlmad:

After that they took my bloods and it was another hour or so wait in the waiting area. Bloods came back normal. Hcg hadn't come back yet but they booked me in for another hcg test in 48 hours anyway.

It was left that if by Saturday my hcg has doubled they'll assume a normal pregnancy and they'll check for a cyst on my right ovary. If it hasn't doubled...well :cry:

I spotted on her paper the words "Provisional: Ectopic"

I'm devastated and I'm just trying to stay as positive as I can. I feel really strongly that this little one is going to stick with me and is nestled safely in my womb. I'm astounded by how things escalated today after just a few twinges. I've had no bleeding and nothing abnormal. My HPTs are getting darker by the day and the test line is now nearly the same as the control.

Please stick with me through this ladies and offer any advice/support you can...I have no-one to confide in but my poor partner, who is quietly as worried as me. We're trying to stay upbeat and strong and keep talking about our little one and how we'll raise them.

Thanks for reading ladies :hugs:

I'm so sorry they put you through that hun! Sending you :hugs: might just be growing pains? Try stay calm (I know it's not easy). Let's see what your blood work shows on saturday. I'm surprised they didn't scan you?

They said it'd be too early to see anything, but surely they could scan for a cyst before throwing me into a massive panic!?

Thanks honey :hugs: Going to relax with a DVD and some pizza tonight and fill tomorrow with sewing baby things!

Hi jumping

Sorry to hear what you are going through, I have just been through a very similar experience, I had a bit of pink spotting and the in the night some pain in my left side, they were and still are querying ectopic, they monitored my hcg which was doubling normally, so they did a scan and all they could see was a sac but they didn't know whether it's a normal sac or a fake one that we can create with an ectopic, I have another scan on Monday when I will finally get an answer as to whether it's ectopic or not, the wait has been agonising (on Monday it will be 2 weeks since my last scan), it's an awful thing to go through but if you can keep hope and focus on being positive that will help you get through however long it takes for them to confirm for you, sending lots of hugs and wishes for a healthy little one snuggling in :hugs:

Oh thurl so sorry to hear, thank goodness you'll have answers on Monday! From what I've read normally doubling hcg is a massively good sign :hugs: Let's keep each other updated and keep assuming we'll both get great news.

Thanks Hun :hugs: so have they called you back with your hcg number yet?

I have twinges like that all the time, literally allllll the time and my baby is growing in the correct place! Xx

No and I don't think they have any plans to, she said I didn't need to know it...Bit disappointed, I'd love to know what my body is aspiring to for Saturday.

Robyn thank you so much for the reassurance. Did you get it checked out or just roll with it? I'm still really hopeful. Love posts like yours!

I had an early scan and baby is in my uterus. I actually beginning to love the sharp pains because my midwife said today it's a good sign of everything starting to stretch and baby growing and implanting and of course sometimes it will hurt :)
I've had sharp pains in all pregnancies and at the begining they do always worry me but I think you're gonna be fine. Xx

That's a bit harsh! It's good to have your blood done because it's an easy way to help put your mind at rest, to be honest they only said they would scan me because my hcg was over 1000 and they said if it was at 1500 they should be able to see something, but they couldn't really and having scans that early (I was 4 weeks 5/6 days) causes more stress so your better off not having a scan yet. Good luck and let me know how you get on, I will be thinking of you :hugs:

Docs really do panic at any sign of ectopic so they will always send you for testing, the pain you described sound normal and I bet you'll be ok, it all just precaution, try and see it as a good thing,

:hugs: hun!!! I'm hoping that it is all a misunderstanding... and that you'll baby will be safe and tucked in your womb. Stay postivie... and strong! Please try not to stress... i know easier said than done but just want everything to be okay for you my friend. Keep us updated...

Thank you so much for the amazing reassurance and support ladies, it means so much :hugs: I'm staying off work today relaxing at home. Going to do some baking and sewing. Bloods will be drawn at 11 tomorrow morning.

https://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b571/Justbabyandus/1bb03191-8bf2-442d-b2af-2ff955aea338_zpsf1c19c9b.jpg

Here's my progression so far. Hopeful my betas will come back normal looking at this. The top few tests were darker within their time windows (as in my sig) but they have faded. The last one is from today and is almost as dark as the control.

I had the exact same pain, turned out it was a small cyst on my ovary . It didn't go until about 20 weeks and was really painful at times. Try not to worry , a scan will reassure you

Your tests look great :thumbup: good luck with the blood test :hugs:

Did they even tell you that it is normal to have a corpus luteum cyst on your ovary?? It's the follicle the egg came from that produces the progesterone that is sustaining your pregnancy until placenta grows and take over at around 12 weeks! Mine made me double over on many occasions. It should start to go when the placenta takes over on occasion it stays and can cause pain for longer.

Some medical professionals annoy me by worrying people when sometimes the simple facts are the truth. Ectopic likely not even felt until 6/7 weeks.

Your tests look like they are progressing nicely which is a good sign it is not ectopic :thumbup:

Thank you so much shells...I've looked into this, and you're right! I had no idea it could be this and therefore totally normal. I would have loved to know this yesterday while I was sobbing in A&E! All I got yesterday from the doctors was concern about ectopic...No other information. It was terrifying. I even said to one at one point "this is just a precaution isn't it, it's not likely?" and she just said she couldn't comment until she had my results!

You've really helped to reassure me.

:hugs:

No problem! Pregnancy first tri can be very scary and comes with more pains and twinges than anyone ever tells you about :thumbup:

Hope you continue to have a stress free pregnancy from now on :flower:

So I had my blood drawn yesterday but I can't get my results until Monday. They did promise a call yesterday afternoon, but when it never came I checked with them and they wont be here until tomorrow now.

Finding myself doing more tests for reassurance. They're looking fab I have to say. Love the effect with the FRER!

https://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b571/Justbabyandus/havingababy_zps7fd91ae8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"