My som

LouiseIfe

Reaction score
Reece was born at 37 weeks via emergency c-section everything seemed normal but he kept bringing his feeds back up we found that he had a extra muscle in his food pipe so needed a op once he had it he went from strength to strength although we did notice he was a late developer and wasn't babbling like I would expect we raised our concerns with the hv and was told I was over reacting and there was nothing wrong he started sitting in the middle of the floor not doing anything but spinning pan lids round and would get upset at the slightest noise when he was 18 months he was referred to the hospital we had loads of tests and asseents then Reece was diagnosed with severe autism he has very little speech and sever behaviour problems but he's the most loving boy ever and it's extremely brainy he can hardly talk but can count to 20 forwards and backwards he currently attends a special needs nursery and is coming along very well x

wow, he has been through a journey, he sounds very happy though :hugs:

Hi hun and welcome.

What a positive story to show how when our kids get good early intervention and are placed in the right environment for them, it can make a difference. Your little one sounds like he is doing really welll.

I have said it many times, but if I could have seen my son when he was a toddler how he would be when he was older, I wouldn't have imagined how far we have come.

It still amazes me how many people still get fobbed off with their concerns, when health visitors don't realise how difficult it can be to raise a concern in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->