My story

ballison

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
my husband and i have been TTC for over a year now and no luck we have gone to the Dr. and have had every test done possible my blood work shows i have low progesterone levels but everything elsecame back normal. I knwo my body pretty good and my periods are ALWAYS on time but i dont think i ever ovulate i have done OPKs and they always come back neg and my body never shows signs of ovulation so its hard.

I just started clomid 50 mg this month and no luck just started spoting yesterday supose to start my period today.

I have tried all the tricks i have been told sex every other day, elevate hips, lay in bed 15 mins and nothing is helping or working

Any ladies on clomid with success stories because im loosing hope quick especicially since my husband deploys in 3-4 months :(

Hello and welcome ballison. :wave: It's really hard isn't it, trying to make a baby! LOL!! I've heard OPKs can come back -ve if done with FMU, might that be the problem? Have you been monitoring your CM? I'm fairly sure I O because of my EWCM, plus I used to use a CBFM. Low prog levels usually indicate you haven't ovulated - sorry. I'm a clomid girlie too - on second round, just waiting to O now. Did my first OPK at 6.30pm today but that was negative - I normally O somewhere around CD13-CD18 so not surprised by the result. Hoping it will be my turn as if I do ovulate it is likely to be on DH's birthday!!! :happydance: And then I can test on Valentine's Day! I hope I'm not setting myself up for a HUGE fall :nope:. Sounds like you are under a tight timeline if DH is leaving in next few months - wishing you oodles of :dust:
xxx

not to sound ******** but im new to all the abrevations for things lol I know what BFN, BFP, O, OPK, CM is lol but will you fill me in on the rest :)

I can not check my CM cause i never have any thats why i think im not Oing :(

Well, I'm sort of staying far away from OPKs right now. I got more than one definate positive this month, and I had an ultrasound and definately hadn't ovulated. So basically it just set me up for a huge fall. I've heard PCOS can cause that too, but anyway, I'm going to check CM and all that instead, and pretty much rely on ultrasounds at the dr.

They say drink more water to increase CM...who knows. I also take mucinex but that's also because clomid decreases CM..dunno if anything I'm taking helps but I'm going to try

:dohh: Sorry chick, I can't believe how quickly I've got used to using all the abbreviations. This is where you can check all the abbreviations out: BnB lingo & abbreviations
Here are explanations of all the ones I've used in my post (sorry if you know them already):
OPK - ovulation predictor kit
FMU - first morning urine
CBFM - clear blue fertility monitor
CM/EWCM - cervical mucus/egg white cervical mucus
O/O'ing - ovulate/ovulating
-ve/+ve - negative/positive
DH - dear/darling husband
prog - progesterone (not really an abbreviation, I just get tired of writing if out all the time LOL!)
Hope this helps.
xxx

Ask your doctor for CD21 blood test - to check prog levels now that you are on clomid. If you O'd your prog levels will be high (mine was 95 after round 1 but I think it's measured in diff units in the UK). That's the only way to 'medically' know for sure if you have O'd. The only reason I've come across not having CD21 bloods is when the doctor knew they were O'ing before clomid. Good luck (GL!)
xxx

Ballison -

I believe a lot of us are in same boat. In fact I was feeling and wrote something very similar barely a week ago - https://www.babyandbump.com/problems-trying-conceive/519029-very-discouraged-lost.html

I'm not one of those successful on clomid - in fact didn't ovulate for 3 cycles even on 150mg! however, I've a friend who conceived on just one cycle of clomid. So there is hope - just depends on individual I guess.

And I don't believe OPK's are 100% either. A month after I had a lap done, I had a very fast growing follicle on its own and doc made me test OPKs for 10 days - all came out negative. However, during the scan post the 10 days doc said I did ovulate 'cos he can see the "shell" of the follicle as the egg broke out. So don't be discouraged!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->