my stupid pee pee question???

jessndoug

Reaction score
Ok I know im not the smartest person in the world but I should know this answer.lol. ok so I know that when you take a pregnancy test or opk your suppose to take it first thing in the morning.but I usually get up at 3 am to use the bathroom and then go back to sleep.am I suppose to take a test at 3 am or when I wake up around 9?

As long it's been at least 4 hours since the last time you went you're ok taking the test when you get up later.

Oh yah, that's for a HPT. I don't use opk's but I'm pretty sure you're supposed to take them more in the middle of the day...it should say in the instructions though.

Definitely 4 hours of "holding it" is the most important part. First morning urine for an HPT, and NOT first morning urine for an OPK. OPK's detect LH which is produced in the morning hours and won't filter into your urine until later in the day. So, first thing in the morning will possibly result in a false negative! They say 10am to 8pm is best for an OPK, but many people have a lot of luck with ~2pm as a "sweet spot" of sorts!

Definitely 4 hours of "holding it" is the most important part. First morning urine for an HPT, and NOT first morning urine for an OPK. OPK's detect LH which is produced in the morning hours and won't filter into your urine until later in the day. So, first thing in the morning will possibly result in a false negative! They say 10am to 8pm is best for an OPK, but many people have a lot of luck with ~2pm as a "sweet spot" of sorts!

Interesting, did not know about the 2pm thing. :shrug:

thats why i think i may be pregnant cause for 4 days now im getting a strong positive on my opks in the morning and a tiny bit lighter at night.. but my hpts are evaps kinda strange :wacko:

babydust girls :flower:

thats why i think i may be pregnant cause for 4 days now im getting a strong positive on my opks in the morning and a tiny bit lighter at night.. but my hpts are evaps kinda strange :wacko:

What brand of OPK are you using? What HPT's are you using? I might be able to help you out! :)

What brand of OPK are you using? What HPT's are you using? I might be able to help you out! :)

im using i think 10 or 15 mu opks internet cheapies and 25 mu hpt internet cheapies.. i put them in the pregnancy test gallery.. im going for a blood test tuesday so i don't really want to buy anymore expensive test.. i still have a couple of ic opks and hpts left.. i was going to re test again with fmu tomorrow.. :flower:

EDIT.. btw my opks were very faint 5 days ago.. only just could see a second line.. then BANG it went dark the next day
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...ve-opks-another-evap-home-pregnancy-test.html link to my pics

Well, the OPK's wouldn't go truly positive until you hit 10-15mIU of something... and you shouldn't see anything on the HPT if you haven't hit 25mIU... So, you are in one of those scenarios where your OPK SHOULD go + before your HPT... but it seems you already know that! LOL You're just doubting yourself!

I looked at your pics, and I definitely see the 2nd line on the HPT inverted and not inverted! Stop doubting yourself! CONGRATS! :hugs:

Well, the OPK's wouldn't go truly positive until you hit 10-15mIU of something... and you shouldn't see anything on the HPT if you haven't hit 25mIU... So, you are in one of those scenarios where your OPK SHOULD go + before your HPT... but it seems you already know that! LOL You're just doubting yourself!

I looked at your pics, and I definitely see the 2nd line on the HPT inverted and not inverted! Stop doubting yourself! CONGRATS! :hugs:

thanks hun.. :flower: :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->