...My Super Truper Wedding Journal...

xxxjessxxx

MC 02/05/11. Hope for BFP
Reaction score
☼ So... After being proposed to on Saturday 28th May 2011, I've already decided on writing a Wedding Journal :wedding:

☼ Here is our story... (Sorry for the essay!)
Me (Jess) and Andy have known eachother since school. Andrew was rather besotted with me and liked me a lot. However I always tried making him avoid asking me out because I was having problems and didn't want to get him involved. Despite that, we remained good friends throughout school for a whole 4 years :hugs: He only stayed in Art because he knew I was there :blush:

Anyway, sure enough we left school, and I would get so excited when I knew I'd see him at a place, and everytime he'd help carry all the heavy stuff back home to help my mum. This started to get my mum fond of him, which made me rethink the whole situation between us. I was just mainly scared of ruining our friendship .

However, a year after leaving school with many awkward moments between us, that a few days after my 18th birthday party he asked me on a date. :thumbup: I still had a few problems, but my mum suggested I try it as he was a nice lad and had been trying to get me for 5 years :blush:

So there I was, a few days later - standing at the cinema a nervous wreck feeling as though my knees were going to give in! My heart pounded as I saw him walk up to me :oops: We looked both as nervous as eachother - it was like we'd both forgotten that we were good friends and knew this was getting into the serious stuff!

The date went well, we both enjoyed the film Other Guys, as we sat gradually leaning onto eachother. After the film, it began to rain as we waited at the bus stop :rain: and as he pulled me close to keep me walm I completely melted! As we got off of the bus he wrapped his arms around my shoulders as we both walked to his - I had never had been so nervous!! :rolleyes:

We got to his flat (that he had clearly made an effort to look all tidy :haha: bless him) It was there that he cooked me a delicious meal as we sat on the sofa. We had the typical quietness as we sat both nervously, he then got up went to the bathroom and came back to say "Jess, I've been wanting to ask you something for 5 or so years now, but I'd really like it if you'd be my girlfriend." To which I replied "That's good because I'd really like it if you'd be my boyfriend." Soon after we kissed and then one thing led to another :blush: ...after that he sweetly played and sang guitar to me as we lay in bed :serenade:

I know it sounds cheesy, but because I've had a rather crappy life - it was from that day that things started to look up. Since then we've kind of rushed into a lot of things probably faster than most couples would, but as we've been good friends for 5 years before this, it just felt so right - and it feels like we've been partners for centuries :haha:

We started TTC just after 3 months of going out, and had been TTC for 2 months before getting pregnant. We were on cloud nine :cloud9: We'd already started saving when we made the decision to TTC so we already had £150 in savings before we knew we were expecting. We both really enjoyed looking and buying little baby things but sadly at 8w4days on 02/05/11 we lost our angel :sadangel:

We've started TTC straight away so fingers crossed with that! However on Saturday 28/05/11, Andy took me to the zoo for a lovely day out, then a delicious meal later that evening, then when the beautiful sun was going down - he took me to my special thinking place and got down on one knee \\:D/ I couldn't believe it and was so excited!

...Sorry if I've bored you with my story, but there you have it :) I hope you liked it and you probably might think I'm mad making a wedding journal already but I can't wait!! I hope you enjoy :)

Plans come to action so far (Will be adding categories into the thread):
Chosen Guests: Not yet
Chosen Bridesmaids: Two, but can't decide whether to have anymore.
Chosen Page boy: Not sure whether to have one
Wedding dress - Picked a few that I like so far
Bridesmaids dress - Picked a few that I like so far
Brides Tiara - Have a few in mind
Bridesmaids Tiara - Have a few in mind
Brides Shoes - Nothing yet
Bridesmaids Shoes - Nothing yet
Flowers - Nothing yet
Speech: Me and Andy are writing our own vows, nothing yet.
Wedding Reception/Church - Looked up and contacted a few
Hair and Makeup - Going to ask a friend
Photography for the whole day - Going to ask a friend
Venue afterwards - Still deciding, Gazebo or a place?
Theme: Red and white
Decor: Design and buy myself
Catering: Considering having help from family and catering myself
Invitations: Making my own
Table Centerpieces: Nothing yet
Table Place Cards: Butterflies that sit on wine glasses
Favors: Nothing yet
Wedding Music: Stand By Me down the aisle, and then Somewhere Over The Rainbow by israel kamakawiwo'ole
Venue Music: Unsure yet

Here's a picture of us young love birds - this was taken the first month we we're dating :)

Attachments

• me and andy.jpg
    me and andy.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 27
Aha thanks hunny :)
I've seen yours - it looks very good :) x x

Congratulations :)

I am now here stalking you, have yous decided a date yet?

x

Haha hey Miss_d, Hopefully if i need help with anything maybe you could help me too - I'm glad you like the flower girls dresses I suggested though :)
Erm not yet, but hopefully sometime next year :) x x

Haha hey Miss_d, Hopefully if i need help with anything maybe you could help me too - I'm glad you like the flower girls dresses I suggested though :)
Erm not yet, but hopefully sometime next year :) x x

Of course i would love to help, we can bounce ideas off each other :) yeah i am really happy with them, thanks so much again. x

Aww goody good :)
Me and Andy just said - August 2012 :) so yippee :D x x

I hope so!
No haven't a clue - I live in Essex, and there are a lot of lovely places around, it's just hard to decide. I'm thinking more of the venue afterwards though than the actual place of marriage yet :haha: What about you hun? x

I hope so!
No haven't a clue - I live in Essex, and there are a lot of lovely places around, it's just hard to decide. I'm thinking more of the venue afterwards though than the actual place of marriage yet :haha: What about you hun? x

My sister stays in colchester, is that near you, shes in the army. Its great when the plans come together, well we werent getting married till june 2013 it was booked but we cancelled and decided to go to cyprus to get married, so going there next june, my journal is on here if you want to have a nosey at it x

Haha yes I'm in Colchester :haha:

Ouou you lucky devil!! In cyprus!! :D I bet your so excited!
I will hun :) x x

It sure is!!
Oh hun I'm sure you are!
I bet it'll be here before you know it!
SO what's your dress like anyway? x x

Congratulations and welcome to Brides and Beyond!

x

So...

I have four dresses that I am currently in love with :)

They are all mostly white as I think it's traditional. However I've also found two other dresses in different colours that I absolutely LOVE!! I could have one of them for the venue and one of my white one's for my wedding. BUt what do you think?? DO you think women should have white dresses?

Here's the four white ones:

The first one I really like :)
Second one I also like, but obviously the dress looks bigger because it's spread out onto a chair.
The third one is also lovely, but has red in it.
The fourth I like also, but probably has to be one I'd have to try on :)

What are your opinions?

(I will post a new reply with the two dresses I also love but are not the 'traditional' white)

Attachments

• Wedding Dress No.1.jpg
    Wedding Dress No.1.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Wedding Dress No.2.jpg
    Wedding Dress No.2.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Wedding Dress No.3.jpg
    Wedding Dress No.3.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Wedding Dress No.3+.jpg
    Wedding Dress No.3+.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Wedding Dress No.4.jpg
    Wedding Dress No.4.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 6
SO here are the other two that I also love.

The purple one, I'm more leaning to wearing at the venue.
However the red one I've fell in love with - what do you think?
Red or White down the isle?
Please give your opinions on everything :)

Attachments

• Wedding Dress No.5.jpg
    Wedding Dress No.5.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Wedding Dress No.6.jpg
    Wedding Dress No.6.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 4
i love all the dresses, however the red one is stunning

Thanks hunny, I thought that too! Would you wear it at your wedding though or at your venue? x x

Andy just saw them and said he doesn't like the red one for a wedding dress as it looks a bit 'cha cha cha' :(
But he said it would be nice for a venue x x

EDIT: Oh says if they red dress had silver on it would be fine for a wedding dress - yesss!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->