My surprise of the day :)

C

charlotte88

Non baby related in a way but i thought i would share this news with you anyway :D

At my work (a nursery) we have 2 guinea pigs and a rabbit. We always thought that they were all boys, but yesterday when i was holding one of the guinea pigs i felt something a bit squirmy in "his" stomach. I also noticed he was looking a bit plump.

I spent alot of last night looking online at how to sex guinea pigs and what to do if your guinea pig was pregnant.

Today at work we had a look at thier bits and thought nope both boys he must just be getting fat.

After tea at about 4pm my work collegue ran into the room and shouted "George has given birth" OMG what a shock for us!!!!!
We look in the cage to see 2 little baby guineas in the cage with thier mummy.

So now i have bought Mummy and babies home and will be looking after them untill they are ready to be rehomed :)

Sorry it was off topic but i wanted to share my news

xx

aww i guess george needs to be renmamed to georgia

AWW that's a cute story! :) hope mom and babies are doing well

Aww, baby guinea pigs are so cute! Just make sure you get babies sexed and separate any boys at 3-4 weeks or you may end up with more bubbas! :haha:

Awwww I love guinea pigs! I bred mine once with a neighbor's when I was in my teens...and she gave birth to 3 babies! They were sooo adorable!! Next to dogs guinea pigs are my favorite animal! They're so cute I just want to kiss them!

aww that's so cute and such a lovely surprise!!
baby animals are the BEST!!

Awh, so cute :) sometimes it's nice to have a change of topic :)

So so cute - thanks for sharing!

Do you have pictures? Mind you, I am so emotional and broody, I'd probably cry seeing guinea piglets!

They are the sweetest, aren't they? You need to separate mother and babies very early on seeing as a boy can impregnate mom from 3 weeks. Two / three is the usual litter size for a first-time mommy but there can be as many as 8 piglets!

I'm glad my sow isn't pregnant because I won't be able to rehome the babies, they are just too precious!

ahhhhhhh thats well good :) bet they soooo cute xxxx

lmao - "George has given birth" lol that made me laugh ...aww bless well done little Guinea pig mom!!

What a lovely story!! I have a lil piggy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"