My swaddle advice

Hopeful14

Reaction score
My son had broken out of every swaddle except the wombie which gotten too tight quickly. He's almost 4 months and 17lbs but still has his startle reflex. It's not as bad as before but still wakes him up when I put him down. My mom suggested that we try taking the sleep sack and sowing the arm holes closed. This way he can't break out, it's not tight and he feels comfortable. The first night I tried it he fought a bit but now we have no issues and he sleeps all night.

It's simple and effective. And the best part is I a had the sleep sack the whole time. I wish I thought of this before I spent about $200 trying different swaddles.

If you find yourself having the same issues, give this a shot.

Good advice :) it's always tough when they break out

With ds1 I would end up double swaddling him (_put him in a halo sleep sack swaddle, then put another sleep sack swaddle on top of that one closed up). It was impossible to break out of and is more tight than just a plain sleep sack with arms sewn shut if the reflex is still strong

Please disregard. I don't know how to delete this. Sorry

My son had broken out of every swaddle except the wombie which gotten too tight quickly. He's almost 4 months and 17lbs but still has his startle reflex. It's not as bad as before but still wakes him up when I put him down. My mom suggested that we try taking the sleep sack and sowing the arm holes closed. This way he can't break out, it's not tight and he feels comfortable. The first night I tried it he fought a bit but now we have no issues and he sleeps all night.

It's simple and effective. And the best part is I a had the sleep sack the whole time. I wish I thought of this before I spent about $200 trying different swaddles.

If you find yourself having the same issues, give this a shot.

Does he try to get his hands to his mouth and get them stuck in the neck hole? My son always gets his hands stuck up near his mouth with the Halo sleep sack swaddle. He doesn't wake himself because he can still move his hands? I would like to try this but I think my son would still wake up because he can move his hands. It might be that he is only 3 months old though. He probably still needs to be swaddled tight.

Thanks for the advice!!

Another new trick (also with halo sleep swaddle)-
Zip the baby up in the sleep sack portion with arms inside the sack (like the holes were sewn shut, but they aren't)
Then put the swaddle part around the baby.

This way it's similar to your idea, but is slightly tighter due to the swaddle portion being velcroed. It should still be impossible to bust out of because the swaddle straps would close off the arm holes similar to the way sewing them up would

This is the case with most of the moms, I am thankful to Miranda who recommended Nested Bean's Zen Sack to me. Frankly, I had no hopes that I would ever get a peaceful sleep through the night as I had to calm her every 2-3 hours and she used to sleep only with the feel of my palm on her chest. This Zen Swaddle has some material on the top of it that creates some pressure on the chest of the baby which aids in self-calming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->