My toddler says he is upset with me

hunni12

Mum To Rj&WTT#2
Reaction score
I have a 3 year old son who is taking my pregnancy kinda hard. He had me in tears cause last night he said he is so upset and doesn't want a new baby. I cried because he said he don't like me no more:nope::cry:

Has anybody else went through this?

I hate to laugh, because I know its rough the first few times, but my oldest (nearly 5) tells me she doesnt like me on a daily basis. Im the "worst mom on the face of the universe" at least 3 times a day. I just tell her that means Im doing something right now. It used to bother me, and now Ive just come to realize that kids have no idea what theyre saying.

Your little guy is only 3. He probably doesnt quite understand yet. Give him time. He'll come around. Its going to be a big adjustment for him. The more involved you can get him the better! Have him help pick baby things, paint the nursery, put together furniture. Whatever. It helps. When we had #2, I had a special gift packed in my hospital bag for #1. It was her very own baby doll to take care of, and a book about being a big sister. We told her that her little brother got it for her. She loved it. Once we came home, we let her help as much as possible too, even if it was just getting diapers for me, or helping to burp him. I got her a mini ergo, and there were many days she would follow me around with her baby doll in the ergo, while I was wearing #2. Or she would burp/nurse/change her baby as I was doing it.

Theyre kids. Theyre resilient. And at the end of the day, having a sibling isnt going to ruin him for life. Just take some extra time now to help prepare him and make sure he knows that you understand that hes upset, but you think he'll be a great big brother. :hugs:

My 11 yr Old hid under the bed when I told him 9 yrs ago about Ethan. But he loves him to bits. Lily my 6yr old says she wants to stay the baby of the family and I have to give this baby away. Kids are kids try not to take it to heart ... 30 odd weeks is a long time for him to used to the idea xx

Oh bless! He just doesn't want to not be the baby any more :haha: don't take what he says to heart, im sure once bubba arrives he will no longer feel the same way.

I wouldn't be too concerned. My daughter tells me she doens't like me anymore daily. Once LO gets use to the news it will be alright <3

I wouldn't take it too heart. I know it's hard to hear what he said...but really, toddlers say all kind of things based on their feelings at any one moment! You can't take it personally. Of course he still loves you. And he isn't mature enough to really know what he would like for the long-term. I'm sure his mind will change once his sibling is here.

Oh bless him. I'm sure he'll come around to the idea eventually. Don't take it to heart, it's all new to him and kids say things they don't mean all the time. I'm positive he doesn't dislike you! I'm dreading telling my 2.5 year old, he's still pretty nonverbal but he definitely voices his opinions well enough. Don't think he'll be happy either...
xx

My 4yo moans every time I mention baby and says he doesn't like it. Think its just a thing kids do. I wouldn't worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->