my toddlers diary of today/my thoughts

laura109

Reaction score
2.39am i woke mummy up as my dummy dropped onto the floor and i started to stir. mummy came into my room and i stood up hoping she would let me go downstairs but she laid me back down and tucked me in. she tipotoed back to bed hoping she could go back to sleep.... she was in luck.

5.45 i am awake again. i shout mummy in my cot and daddy decides to come in and see me instead. he takes me into their bed when he realises i am not having another hour! he decides to get up for work and i decide to chat to mummy and half try to settle again before deciding to point to everything in the room and tell mummy what it is.

6.30 i start asking for juice. so mummy takes me downstairs. i scowl at daddy in the kitchen because i am all for mummy these days and most other people are not welcome to talk to me (even my daddy) daddy tries to talk to me so i run behind mummy whilst she makes a cup of tea for herself.

6.45 daddy leaves for work and mummy finally sits down to drink her tea after putting the washer on. ive got my milk and the tv on my programs but i decide i want to play now!!! so i get lots of toys and books and keep shooving them at mummy who keeps reminding me she has a hot drink in her hand. i get angry at her for not making my puppet talk and for not being more enthusiastic about the RAF Brochure i love reading daily. Half way through her cup of tea i whinge for more juice or milk. she offers me cereal. i agree and mummy leaves her half drank tea on the side and gets me a bowl of shreddies.She then goes into the living room whilst i munch away in my chair and does a quick tidy whilst i am in one place.

7.15 mummy lets me out my chair. she has filled the sink with pots and put herself some toast in. she sits down with the toast on the sofa and i come over for the first bite. she loves sharing with me!!! she starts eating it really fast so i think she is worried i will eat it all!!!

7.30 my nappy and pjs are changed and i am dressed for the day. mummy shuts the babygate and runs upstairs and puts her clothes on. she comes back down and does her hair whilst i make a big mess in the living room. mummy wanders why she ever hoovers or picks the toys up.

8.00 mummy does abit more washing and stuff whilst i demand biscuits. she says its too early so i shout. i then ask for juice when she dares to sit down.

8.45 mummy puts my hair up and puts me in my pushchair and we walk to the park. mummy likes getting out in the morning to tire me out and break the day down.

9.00 i am happy at the park. i want to go on the swings and slide over and over and i am at my happiest right now (all smiles) mummy gets a phone call from her friend who arranges to come up to the park with her 10 year old.

9.15 mummy gets to sit on a bench whilst i get to run around with the 10 year old. she goes down the slide with me and pushes me on the swing so i am really happy :)

11.00 time has gone fast so we all go back to our house for some dinner. after me getting frustrated and yelling for biscuits whilst mummy cooks fishfingers and vegetables i get my dinner and barely eat it.

12.30 our friends go home and mummy puts me in my cot for a nap. mum takes this next hour and half to tidy a little more and have a ten minute nap of her own. its one of mummys favourite parts of the day because its a little time for her.

2.00 i am awake again. i wake up grizzly and mummy carries me downstairs. after ten minutes she gets us both a yoghurt out the fridge, i wont eat mine though as mummys looks nicer. so i sulk and mummy puts mine on the side. i start yelling instantly for it back. after a few minutes mummy lets me have it back but she feeds me just incase i plan on throwing it again!

2.30 mummy puts teletubbies on for me and she goes to sit in the other room and have a drink. i shout for peppa pig on angrily for five minutes until she finally comes in and changes it to me. she goes back in the other room and puts her laptop on so i follow her in and start pushing megablocks onto her knee.

haha i had fun writing this but its true. today is one of them days. it sometimes feels like the day is full of getting it wrong, you try to give them fresh air and fun and they still complain about everything. then you have the good days where they are so content. today is certainly not one of them. i am in early pregnancy. i am barely 4 weeks and have known just over a week. i am quite nervous about the next few months of my life. obviously i am hoping the pregnancy continues to grow well. but i am scared of nausea taking over most the day. i worry about how i will occupy my daughter through feeling tired and sick. i worry about forcing myself to go to the playgroup we attend incase i suddenly feel yucky in there, i worry about allsorts of things.

parenting is an amazing journey but its also a hard one at times. one of the hardest things for me as a stay at home mum is making the days full for us both. my daughters interests and needs come first but i also have to look after myself to be a positive role to her, i dont have a break as we have no family to help. i often feel envious of people who have mums and inlaws to help out. how lovely would it be if my dd had a nanny or grandad to have her for an afternoon a week or tea one weekend a month. i sometimes panic about the years to come and remaining strong. knowing on the days i am ill i wont have anyone to pick my child up from nursery etc or the days when i am sleep deprived and nobody will take my baby for a walk but i like to think that i will do an extra good job because of that, because i know i am all my children
have i have to give them the best i can. even on days like this when i am just constantly being whined at. i love her so much. i am going to go for another walk now because i cant imagine another 4 hours of this whinging today.

sorry for the random post. just thinking lol xx

I enjoyed that :haha:

The end bit I totally get- getting out the house when I'm at home with my DD seems to break up the day which is always a good thing!

I enjoyed this too. I could relate to it a bit. My kid is only 17 months, so not doing things exactly like yours. Mine is also going through a mommy phase and won't let me sit down to have a tea without him wanting it or anything else I have. I went through a whinny period which has temporarily passed. I hope yours does too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->