My towed car! grrrr

S

scrubgrub

So my sis borrowed my spot in the parking garage last night (as I was leaving to work early) and parked my car on the street. She parked in a no parking at 7am spot though, so at 7:10 my car was loaded onto a tow truck :dohh:. $152 later I got my car back. Then I saw I had a $145 ticket from the city for parking there too! Anyway, this is Los Angeles, there has to be some kind of law against this, a $350+ charge is ridiculous. I'm SOOO researching this and hopefully fighting it... or the sister is paying!

Wow thats terrible, I would look that up.. but you never know.. the passanger in my car didn't have her seat belt on when I was backing out of my parking space though she was in the process and my ticket was 415$ They really know how to screw you!!

It's because were in a defecit!
Summary of DMV and LA City Rules:
• You get a one-hour grace period for parking on a legal parking lot before they can tow your vehicle.
• LA City rules say they can not charge you more than the city would charge for the tow and storage, that would be $93 for tow, $25 for storage, $2 parking fee (on a city street), this would be a total of $120, NO More and you can use a Credit Card.
• In LA City the towing company cannot charge for a gate fee, or for a release fee.
• A fee or kickback cannot be paid to the supervisor or security person at the private property.
• You can check out the California towing rules in the California Vehicle Codes under section Section 12110

Gonna have to find section Section 12110 and see what it says about public streets.

haha, well i would fight it!! I work for attorneys so anytime I have a legal issue i'm on the phone with them, saves me the hassle of looking stuff up!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->