My TTC- BFP Story...Hope this helps!

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I wanted to share my story because I remember the times all the times that I came to this page to read success stories and hoping it one day would happen to me. It gave me hope and I hope I can do the same for someone else.

I first got pregnant 2 years ago and that ended in miscarriage. After that I tried everything to get pregnant again. Pills, bottles, juices, natural doctors, injections, serums, oils...you name it. It was exhausting, and for 2 years it felt like it was never going to happen.

Then back in November, while visiting my home country (Dominican Republic) I decided to see a very special doctor, known for helping women get pregnant, I just wanted to hear it from him that I was wasting my time.

He immediately sent me in for an HSG, the most painful procedure I have ever gone through. For those that don't know what that is, it is when they insert a catheter in your cervix and the squeeze a fluid in there while they take xrays (HORRIBLE!!!) and even worse were the results, Hydrosalpinx! One of my tubes was so bad that I needed urgent surgery to have it removed before it ruined the other, who by the way was twisted. I was heartbroken!

Doctor assured me that it wasn't the end for me and after surgery, he assured me that I would be able to conceive naturally and not need IVF. It would take me longer, but he said I could.

It is now April and it is carnival time at home!I told my husband there is no way we are trying this month, I am going to PARTEEHHHHH. No temping, no pills, no checking cm, no apps!

We go out to one of the shows and the next morning, even though I haven't had much to drink, i feel the worse hangover I've had in a while. It lasts 2 days! What hangover lasts 2 days? My husband asks me "when is your period due?" I am so not into TTC for once that I don't know! I check my Glow app, and sure enough, any minute now, i should be getting my period.

1 day late...2 days late...3 days late....at day 5 I gave in and tested! BFP! Dark and within seconds!

I am now 6 weeks and 4 days and I saw my baby's heart beat for the first time!

God is great!

I hope this uplifts someone today, I too was frustrated, angry, thought it will never happen.

Our bodies are amazing ladies!

Baby dust to you all

This gives me so much hope! Thank you so much for sharing your story! We have been trying for 15 months now for baby #2. #1 took us a year to get pregnant and here we are...15 months in to trying for #2. We decided that we were going to take a break this round. No Clomid, no nothing. I was to go enjoy this party bus at the end of the month and everything. Hoping that this might just be what we need.

Thank you for sharing your inspiring story! Congratulations on your much deserved miracle after what must have been a terribly difficult journey! I am always humbled by the tenacity of ladies who continue TTC through challenges and disappointments without losing hope.

Congratulations!! Loved reading your story <3 thank you so much for sharing.

Trust me, if I wrote the whole story it would be a book. I've gone to "herbal" doctors, taken so many things to help, even had hubby on fertility boosters, everything for 2 years. After my surgery, I was even recommended IVF due to the removal of my tube! And just like that, after a night of dancing and finally enjoying myself...conceived!

Beautiful! It's amazing how it can happen when you take the pressure off :)
Congratulations x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"