My tummy still feels/looks "puffy"

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by RyleighsMommy, Dec 24, 2009.

1. RyleighsMommy

RyleighsMommy Mother of 1 and expecting

Ok...so its been 5mo already and lately I havent been feeling very well emotionally due to some things so Ive hardly eaten at all for the last week and before I got prego if I went a day only eating once my tummy would be so flat...NOW even tho Ive gone a wk hardly eating my tummy is still puffy looking, not low but higher up. What is up with this...its like Im bloated all over. I tried taking some diurex thinking its water weight...but no change. :(

2. porkypig

porkypig Well-Known Member

probably bloated coz youre not eating, and thus full of air. try eating little and often (good things though) and see if it helps xx

3. sophxx

sophxx Well-Known Member

you need to eat else your tummy will be bloated! if we dont eat our bodys stores the little bit of food you mite eat as fat and then you put more weight on! like the above post says eat little and ofetn small meals the size of a side plate! and i dont know if your already doing it but try stomach excercises!x

4. jolougu

jolougu Mum of 1

I agree, if you're not eating much at all, your body will retain the fat and water as it will go into starvation mode. Eat little and often, you need your strength to look after your little one!