my unborn nephew has single umbilical chord, help!

meggabear

Mommy, daddy and Caiden
Reaction score
hi everyone, i posted this in another thread and felt that I should have put it in here instead: my sister in law and brother found out that my little nephew has only two veins in his umbilical chord, they are scared stiff and worried so reatly for the little man. his health so far is great, he has all fingers and toes, no abnormalities with his heart or other organs and his brain is developing fine. it sounds good but I and the family are still worried for them, does anyone have a little one who had a single umbilical artery? stories would be appreciated, i so want to calm them dwn and give them hope that the baby will be okay.
thank you!
meg

To be honest, I had never heard of this, so I googled it!

:hugs: to your brother & SIL. It must be very worrying for them. From what I read, they should be offered more u/sound scans to continue monitoring baby up to birth, but it is good that the current scans do not show any abnormalities.

My daughter had a 2 vein cord and she was born perfectly healthy at 7 pounds 14 oz.

I had single umbilical chord my daughter was born at 37 weeks weighing 4lbs she has a rare gentic condition trisomy 9 moasaicism and is still in hospital 6 weeks on but doing well. Hospital didn't pick up anything on my scans just that she was small for dates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->