My Update..MW..Consultant..Headaches

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Well not been on since Friday but a couple of updates.

First one headaches ARGHHHHHHH .... I rarely rarely get headaches & its been near constant for 3 days :cry: Hate it.

Monday - MW ... Impressed and not so impressed. It went well she gave me lots of info, leaflets, a book & lil freebies hehe Took bloods EEK & a water sample & gave me appointment for 16wk check-up. Well she also tried for babies HB & could not get it, knowing I have doppler said she usually tells people not to worry but I had heard it ?? So I asked could I try she politely told me (lol) that she knew what she was doing but gave me the probe & of course within 30 seconds there it was she was a lil gobsmacked :rofl:

Anyway other thing was if anyone remembers I mentioned a while ago when I moved here the MWs contacted a consultant at the ANC because of background no doc new to area etc an he made me a small plan of care an wanted to be involved one thing was a repeat lupus test well the MW was shocked I had not got a letter to see him so arranged for that on 4th June. Funny I had planned to bring that up because if I am positive for lupus I should have started injection by now maybe so a further 2 week wait has pissed me off esspecially as it tied in with the statement "if lupus the bigger danger is up to 25 week rather than the 12" so why am I waiting? Tempted to ring today ... infact think I will thats not on.

So there you go thats been my update up to now :baby:

On a brighter note I listen to babies HB often as I only need to lightly place the probe on him/her & OMG I am 14 wks moro :happydance:

glad your appintment went well, hope you get your test one soon so you know one way or another

x

glad to hear it went well un and lol at u finding the heartbeat and the mw cudnt x

awwww wobbles im so happy for you and mr stir, this is fab im so happy for you both. Its all going great and its not too long away now till your little wobbly stir will be in your arms at long last :D

xxxxx

I was getting headaches at about 13-14 weeks. What I found helped was a cup of tea! The caffine seems to help with the headaches better than parecetimol.

Hiya Char

Glad things went well - All be it she couldn't find the HB - good job your an expert! lol

Are you taking low dose Aspirin until you know whether you have tested positive for Lupus? - It took my results 5 weeks to come back when I was having Ky and I started Clexane at 11wks, so something needs to be done sooner rather than later.

Your care Plan if you do test positive for an Auto Immune disorder such as Lupus will likely be low dose Aspirin and Fragmin or Heparin Daily until at least 36 weeks. You will also need growth scans from 28 weeks. Its unlikely you will need steroid treatment as you don't present with any symptoms that need managing.

Hope you get things sorted and soon!

Glad all ok. Hope u get blood tests sorted soon.

Glad things ar ok hun,

how did the ringing up go???

xxx

:hugs: Thanks for the update......I cant beleive you are 14 weeks tomorrow:hugs:

I'm off to ANC moro for the test & I will see consultant next week - it will be a diff person as Mr Taylor isn't about but tbh priorities are I DONT CARE as long as I am tested for this within a week not 2-3!!

I cant believe how fast it has gone already!would have loved to see the MW's face when you found the heartbeat hehe.

As for the headaches I have nothing to suggest, just can sympathise with you becuase I have headaches for 3-7days straight and there not nice :-( just make sure you are drinking plenty of water as this will help. and not sure if 4head is safe to use when pg ? Im sure it will be but you could give that a try, it helps a little.

I went to ANC the lady was lovelyyy & a plus side is she got ah old of my consultant this AM to discuss me with him ... He is VERY happy I have got to 14 weeks & is very comfortable now with my ongoing pregnancy. He is pleased I have been taking baby aspirin & would like to see me on the 4th. I've had a handful of bloods done through them not just the lupus & she has it as priority to check on results & chase if need be next Friday. Has also given me a direct number for her if I feel concerned & I can ring her to check on results if that makes me feel better. Should there be a problem before then they will contact me (a postive result) - i will see Mr Taylor on the 4th & sooner with someone if it is positive.

Personally have all crossed the borderline previously was just a one off.

So I am comfortable with his advice & words through this lady this morning.

Great news Wobbles. Glad they are taking such good care of you.

14 weeks already! Fantastic! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->