My Wedding Journal :)

P

pinkmummy

Well I thought I'd start a wedding journal so I can keep a track on things that I have done/need to do.

A little about me first

My name is Kelly, I am 21 years and I have been with my OH, Chris for over 5 years :cloud9: We have been engaged since April 2008 and we are getting married on 25th September 2010 :wedding:

We have 2 children, Thomas 10 months and Caitlin 3 years. Caitlin and Thomas are going to be our page boy and flower girl.

Our theme is going to be burgandy/ivory/gold.

Our budget for the wedding is around £5k-£6k

I have my wedding dress, veil, tiara, garter, shoes and jewellery which cost a total of - £550 :happydance: My wedding hair is going to be done by OH's cousin (my bridesmaid) as she used to be a hairdresser. My make up I am either going to do myself or my bodyshop manager is going to do it for me so thats all free :) PAID

I am having 4 bridesmaids, my sister,- Lauren, OH's sister - Catherine, OH's cousin - Amanda and my good friend Tracey.

The bridesmaids dresses are bought, along with their shoes and their gifts which come to a total of - £192 :happydance: PAID

I have Caitlins dress and jacket but haven't got her shoes yet as it seems pointless. Her dress cost £10 from eBay :happydance: And I'm looking to spend no more than £10 on shoes for her. I have bought her a basket and buying some petals to put into it. Altogether for Caitlin I am budgeting - £35 so far I have spent £20. £20 PAID £15 TO GO

Thomas we are hoping to get a similar sort of suit as what daddy is wearing. We are looking to spend around £30 including shoes for him. £0 PAID £30 TO GO

Venue

Our venue is doing basically everything for us, they are providing a 3 course wedding breakfast menu with choices (we have 3 choices for starters 2 for mains and 3 for desserts) for 65 people. We have a drinks reception, the ceremony and the evening buffet for 100 people and we also have our room for the night ;) All the decorations are included including table linen and centre pieces. We just need to do the place settings and table plan, they do the order of service and the menus. Altogether this is costing roughly £3900 that includes the ceremony but not the registrar. £915 PAID £2985 TO GO

https://www.jerseyfarm.co.uk/

Transport

We have got a wedding car. There is enough room for me and my 4 bridesmaids and Caitlin to fit in the car. Because of me having 4 bridesmaids I couldn't find any cars big enough they were all going to be a limo and I didn't want one. Anyway we found this wedding car not far from us. We get to choose the coloured ribbon to go on the car, after the service he will take us to some local beauty spots like Bowes Museum for some photos and he also takes us for a little ride to have some 'alone time' with a bottle of champers :happydance: All for the price of £300 :) £50 PAID £250 TO GO

https://www.fitzgeraldsweddingcars.co.uk/

Photographer

We were having a big deal finding someone cheap enough to do our photos then we found this guy from our area who is only charging £250. He will come to the house before the wedding and do some photos of us getting ready. He will then be with us all day until after the first dance. We get a photo album of around 80 photos and a CD with a minimum of 100 photos. £66 PAID £184 TO GO

Suits

Suits are going to cost around £220 to hire for the 4 adult ones with £110 deposit. We haven't gone into these details as much as of yet

Thats all I've got time to fill in right now but if anyone has anything to add that I've missed please feel free to let me know :thumbup:

Rings

We managed to get our rings from Argos. We didn't have a big budget which is why we have got cheap ones from Argos for now and we will get more expensive ones when we can afford them :)

This is my ring, its not a 'real' wedding ring but it goes really well with my engagement ring (which is hard to find) https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2305387/Trail/searchtext>ETERNITY+RING.htm
Mine cost £58.99

This is OH's ring https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2036261/Trail/searchtext>WEDDING+RING.htm
OH cost £39.99

Our budget was £100 and we spent under that so very cguffed :happydance: £90 PAID

Flowers

I bought all my own flowers, OH's aunty is really good at arranging them so she is making them up for us. We spent around £40 on the flowers and out of that we have got my bouquet, 4 bridesmaids and MOB MOG FOB FOG BM so I'm quite happy with that! :D PAID

Cake

We are getting a cake made from a friend of mine who makes them for £150. I don't have the pics yet but will get one soon. £0 PAID £150 TO GO

Wedding Invites

We have amde around 60 invites and it has cost us around £60 which I am quite pleased about that also includes the 2nd class stamps for the RSVP envelopes will get OH to take a picci of one today

Hi hun, good prices! have you sorted your flowers, cake , and rings out

Flowers and cake yes will update that now haha! :D See my heads all over the place I forgot what I have!

sounds like its going to be beautiful, are you doing favours?

lol, i was the same i had a huge ringbinder cramed full of samples, letters, lists , notes, diagrams, clothing sizes , dates and costs etc it never left my side

We have decided not to as we can't afford it :( We do have the organza bags though so we may just put some sweeties in them or something xx

We have decided not to as we can't afford it :( We do have the organza bags though so we may just put some sweeties in them or something xx

We had favours at the wedding breakfast then at the reception i brought little baskets from confetti, metal ones with ribbon and and i brought the mini tubes of loveheart sweets and had a few tubes of those placed out and opened some and put them in the basket on each table.

Well for Christmas we got £200 off my nana and granda :happydance: £50 for each of the kids and £100 for OH and I. When my granda gave me it he told me not to spend it on the kids because they already have plenty and to save it up for the wedding :D He is right, they do have plenty, in fact there is hardly any room to move in our living room :blush: But we have spent about £60-£70 on some new clothes in the sales for them but they aren't getting anymore as their wardrobes will be at bursting point!

So looks like we have extra money for the wedding :) Going to put some more money down on the venue before we end up spending it :) xx

Awww hun sounds fab xxx

Hi huni - finally someone's started a wedding journal -

Wobbles make us girls a section please!?? :D

Huni why don't you try gettingmarried.co.uk it's good to keep track xx

Oooo I haven't updated this in a while :blush: sorry!

Well not too much to comment on really.

The bridesmaids gifts (necklaces) have arrived and my tiara has too :thumbup:

I am going into town on Saturday to see some seamstresses about getting my dress taken up so I get to try my dress on again :happydance:

8 months today :cloud9: Its flying over! I'm so excited and can't wait :) xx

Well I am supposed to be going into town on Saturday to see about getting my dress taken up but I've lost my bridal shoes :blush: Don't have a clue where I've put them!!

If I don't find them its pointless going :(

On another happier note! My table decorations arrived this morning :happydance: woooooo

Just noticed hun that your getting married the week after me and you are far more organised!!!x

LOL :rofl: I wish it was here now but we cant afford it till then :( x

We have just paid 2k off our reception it nearly killed me!!!!eeeek!!We are trying to keep it as near to 4k as possible.We went to register our intention to marry today forgot about the registrar until about 10days ago!oops luckily they had our date and time still avail.x

:rofl: We did ours the day we could (25th September 09) LOL

Cant believe how expensive it is though!! :shock: £330!

Oh I know!!!Paid £60 today aswell to register you dont think about that bit!!Off Dress shopping next week and Im dreading it,I really dont think Im gonna look good in a dress Im a jeans girl through and through even at 26!!Sure I will find somthing though.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->