my wee chub is too big for her tub

fedupwaiting

Reaction score
:haha:

so I need to admit defeat and retire my baby bath.

it is a shame cos We like to bathe her in the living room with the fire on all cosy.

but she is too big and too long and has taken to hooking her legs over the side and soaking us AND the carpet.

my question is this: .what kind of seat should I buy to put her in the big bath with? :shrug:

she has great head control but still slumps a bit in the bumbo.

I have seen the cage seat (like an infant swing at the park)
or
the lie back one like a baby bouncer

any others I should look at?

what do (did) you use around the three month mark?

cheers my dears in advance!!

My LO is too big for hers too but she has a bath with me or dh in the big bath now x

i thought about that but we have such a wee routine going on with her bath that neither of us really fancy having one that early lol

thanks for replying tho xxx

I used an elevated one I guess like the bouncer ones you refer to, the summer one.. But he kept sliding down it whilst kicking and it smelt mouldy really quickly, now he just lays on the bottom in a little water and can splash and kick to his hearts content!

Vinnie's baby bath is huge. I got it from mamas & papas I think. It's got the newborn bit (bouncer type) molded in one end and then the other end is the cage like seat molded in for when he can sit unaided. It's great and means I can have both hands free. It's super
Light even when filled and will last him months and months. X

Here's a link for it :)

https://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-acqua-two-stage-ergo-bath-pearl-white/4538472/type-i/

@kmumtobe it was the summer one I was looking at, thanks for letting me know it wasn't up to much. only thing about putting her in the way you suggest is that she screams if she isn't properly covered by the water....she hated baths till we figured that out lol grrrrr problem child :)

@lashes that sounds like the rolls royce of baby baths!! don't think I can justify buying a new bath though I will have a nosey over at the m&p website

thanks girls xx

oh see now lashes I shouldn't have clicked that link......want want want!!

does it fit in your own bath to store it? i dont have anywhere else to put it.....

https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...041&pf_rd_p=231490867&pf_rd_s=related-tab-3-5

we had one of these and used it right up until about 10 months but my lo was lazy and didnt really try to get out of it!

thanks girlsmooch will add that one to the bookmarks to show dh tomorrow- never saw that one before!! would certainly overcome the musty problem of the fabric seats xx

Here's a link for it :)

https://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-acqua-two-stage-ergo-bath-pearl-white/4538472/type-i/

We have this bath too and it's fab! It fits in our bath, I usually use it in our bath ( saves puddles ) then leave it upright in our bath to drain. It cost £5 at an Nct sale :)

I have the mamas and papas one too and its FAB! Leo absolutely loves it, would definitely recommend and it will last for quite a while yet I reckon as the bit at the end is so he can sit up in it when he can sit unaided! xxx

If you are desperate for something quick whilst you choose the best support I would recommend this..

https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=231490887&pf_rd_s=center-7

We got this to go in the baby bath as LO liked to try to do the back stroke :haha:and would startle himself:dohh:, he has now just outgrown the baby bath (was a sad day on Saturday when I put it in the garage :cry: my baby's all growed up) I am now looking around for a good support but in the meantime I have popped this in the big bath and as he can't sit unaided yet he lies comfortably on it still. And for £8 it's cheap as chips in the meantime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"