My weight loss so far..and frustration

alyxzandra

Mom to Sebastian
Reaction score
As I've written months before, I gained a tremendous amount of weight during my pregnancy, partially due to my thyroid not being under control. I've just had it tested and my GP is keeping my thyroxine at 200mcg!!! Before pregnancy it was 125mcg.

In total, I gained 7 stone, 7 pounds during my pregnancy. Since Sebastian was born, I've lost 2 stone, 9 pounds. However, it is not enough and I am frustrated. I still need to lose over 4 stone to get close to where I was when I got pregnant and 6 stone to be where I was when I met Dave. None of my old clothes fit me even though I've lost weight already. I have a lot of clothes just sitting there. None of my bras fit me except one I wore during pregnancy and I have 1 skirt, 3 jumpers and 3 summer dresses and a denim jacket that just fits me. I have a lovely full length leather coat that I am hoping to be able to wear by January.

Yesterday, I went to Asda to buy a cheap winter jacket and none of them fit me, not even in the largest size offered! :( So, I had to order one from Simply Be as well as another skirt. I refuse to spend money on a new wardrobe when I know if I lose this weight I will be back into my old clothes and bras.

I am doing the Cambridge diet, but have cheated here and there on it. My counsellor said I've not done that bad considering how much I've lost since giving birth. And also I lost 1 stone, 1 pound since doing the Cambridge. It is just I have so much to lose! I am going for another 1 stone weight loss by 19 November and hope to have lost in total 2 stone, 7 by Christmas.

I just want to feel like my old self again.

hey alex im the same...things are bloody awful weight wise...i need to loose about 2 stone to get to my pre pregnancy weight and then 3 stone on top of that to get to what i was before i had maddy!!! *how bad is that i still havent lost my baby weight from 7 years ago!!

h x

Good luck honey! We are here for you! :hug:

hey alex im the same...things are bloody awful weight wise...i need to loose about 2 stone to get to my pre pregnancy weight and then 3 stone on top of that to get to what i was before i had maddy!!! *how bad is that i still havent lost my baby weight from 7 years ago!!

h x

I know. Before pregnancy, if I lost this much weight I would have been very very happy. Now it just seems like a drop in a very large bucket. I know you are doing the weight watchers. My friend has been doing this and she has lost a lot of weight. I just want it off fast so I have clothes to wear!!!!

BTW, did you get my PM? You know you can call me if you need to talk. :hugs:

:hug:

know how you feel (i think a few of us are in the same boat). i need to lose just under 4stone and it is shifting so slowly. it seems to have got stuck. i am now following Weight Watchers point plan and increased my activity. i have given myself till next august to lose it but i am so down. like you i refuse to buy a new wardrobe as i feel i am accepting myself as overweight!!!!

good luck hun

XXXX

I have to lose nearly 6 stone to be just OK BMI wise, and I haven't ever been pregnant. I don't want to think what I'd be like after pregnancy, hence why I'm trying to lose weight now ... not the whole 6 stone admittedly, but a fair bit anyway.

You're doing incredibly well hon. I can understand the frustration, just don't forget you're doing fantastic. Putting on weight goes a lot faster than losing it does, and in your case it definitely wasn't by choice that you put it on. That it's coming off as fast as it is shows the effort you're putting into it. Don't be too hard on yourself =)

Ahhh,I know how you feel,it seems like an uphill struggle.Hope you reach your goal weight.i was chubby when I fell pregnant so I have baby+prepreggo weight to lose.Lost 37lbs and still 28lbs to my goal....So slow.

hun your determination on cambridge is fab as it is!! Dont beat yourself up!! I know exactly how you feel though!! Im still in maternity clothes as I type!! I had to buy a new coat and I was so upset I had to buy a size 18!! :( My birthday is november 19th.... so IM hoping a 7 pound weight loss before then and Im quite sure I can do it on SW!! I am 3 stone heavier than this time last year and I wasnt happy then... I was in the overweight category and a size 14!! I started cambridge this time last year at the size... and I cannot believe what I look like now!!
I think girls... its going to be a slow process but really thats better than it all coming off quickly cos you are more likely to put it back on!!
wish you loads of luck alexandra, and im sure youll be in that dress soon :)

hun your determination on cambridge is fab as it is!! Dont beat yourself up!! I know exactly how you feel though!! Im still in maternity clothes as I type!! I had to buy a new coat and I was so upset I had to buy a size 18!! :( My birthday is november 19th.... so IM hoping a 7 pound weight loss before then and Im quite sure I can do it on SW!! I am 3 stone heavier than this time last year and I wasnt happy then... I was in the overweight category and a size 14!! I started cambridge this time last year at the size... and I cannot believe what I look like now!!
I think girls... its going to be a slow process but really thats better than it all coming off quickly cos you are more likely to put it back on!!
wish you loads of luck alexandra, and im sure youll be in that dress soon :)

Thanks! So far, I've lost 3 stone, 3 pounds. But, I have been a bit naughty. I am now easing myself back onto Cambridge. Cheated a little today, but am planning on being back full swing tomorrow. Wish me luck!!!

BTW - I had to buy a new coat...try a size 26 and I still cannot close it. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->