name drama

sammi.bump

mummy to 2 and pregnant
Reaction score
i really want to punch my inlaws.........

i come from a gypsy heritage. we live in houses but we still hold alot of the family values and are quite proud of where we have come from (apart from my mum who thinks she is better lol) and my inlaws are to put it nicley, stuck up their own backsides apart from my hubby who was in the army so quite common to his mothers disgust lol. me hubby and 5yr dd got together and chose the name Rosalie if bub is a girl, it is my nans nans name lol. i told my family and they love it but when we told inlaws they all said to my face the dont like it and couldnt i call her rosie or rose, there are nice names but my husband has told me she will be rosalie if its a girl no matter what they say. but its really brought me down, i have never felt good enough for them and now my MIL has said she hopes its a boy because then it will have a good name and she'd love another boy running round. she has some sort of obsesions with my husband (her son) and our little boy, always says he looks like him and he reminds her of him yuk yuk yuk weirdo lol.

just had to rant lol xx

Tell them to shove it. Rosalie is a beautiful name. <3

My theory is "if it didn't come out your vagina or if you didn't put it there, shut up."

I believe Rosalie is a beautiful name. Don't listen to them because their opinions mean nothing. :)

This is why i didnt tell anyone the name i chose until after she was born. I dont like people sticking their noses in and offering their unwanted opinion. Make up a really unusual, horrible name for a boy and tell them if its a boy, ur calling him that.

I think Rosalie is lovely name BTW

Tell them to shove it. Rosalie is a beautiful name. <3

My theory is "if it didn't come out your vagina or if you didn't put it there, shut up."

thats how i feel, but if it came out of my mouth OH would either die or piss himself x

Tell them if it's a boy you're going to call him "Horrice of Anus"

that'll soon make her hope for a girl and she'll certainly appreciate Rosalea as the beautiful name it is. sod her, she has no say in what you name your children. stick the middle finger up and tell her to swivel.

i have a REALLY awful MIL so i totally feel your pain.

:flower:

We never told anyone our name until it was on his birth certificate that way no one can say anything. We already know our names for boy and girl this time round but again wont be telling family until the baby is here.

Zenon George Gordan (2grandads and a great grandad, intialls ZGG are my grand mother)

Jenny vieve Marion (Genevieve for my gram but we don't like it as 1 name)

Our boys just now are

Dearran James and kyruem david

I think you have chosen a beautiful name. It's classic and very feminine. I think your MIL needs to shove it. My MIL did the same thing with my second daughter. We wanted Evelyn and she said it was awful and she felt sorry for my daughter, so we changed it. I still regret the change so don't let her talk you into anything.

They need to mind their own business!! Rosalie is a lovely name - my baby is Rosanna Pearl Serena. They've had their time to pick baby names - now it's yours :) xxxxxxx

Sorry you're going through that. My family actually knew my name choices before I even got pregnant. Emerson Grace for a girl or Jackson Levi for a boy. Some of them like the names some of them don't. They know better than to try and talk me out of it though. I love them, hubby loves them and that's all that matters. For what it's worth I think Rosalie is a beautiful name. Don't let her get you down. You just can't please everyone and you just shouldn't try.

Rosalie is in itself a beautiful name. Besides that, it has a lovely meaning for you. Your MIL is probably just jealous that no one would likely name a baby after her, lol.

I love this.. made me chuckle.. a lot!!

And i agree with the other ladies.. Rosalie is a beautiful classy name.

Rosalie is a gorgeous name! It is on our shortlist if we have a girl.

I think you should definetly go ahead and use it. You will regret it in the future if you don't use it just because of MIL.

Tell her she had her babies to name and now you have yours!

thank you so much ladies. i feel alot better and confident now. hubby has also said im not aloud to change the name as he likes it and wont like any other as much x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"