Name help please? Tom or Ted or Ben?

Kapow

OH, Moo moo and lil ted.
Reaction score
I've sort of convinced myself that my yellow bump is a boy but am stuck on the name.

I've liked Tom ever since I got pregnant but a close friend is currently trying for a baby and has always always wanted Thomas for a boy so it feels like stealing a little. My grandad is Thomas and so is my uncle but our son would be just Tom. Over the past few weeks I've also really started to love Ted so now I'm all confused.

OH likes both and also likes Ben. DS1 is called Max. Surname is Fenton.

Please could you lovely ladies give me your honests opinions. I promise to take it on the chin and not cry! lol.

Thanks

Kxx

Tom all the way!!! Ted seems too old (Theodore is a chipmunk!) and I hate the nickname Teddy and Ben is ok I guess as long as it's benjamin althogh I would hate the nickname Benny. I like Tom because Thomas (or like my OH Tomas) is grown up enough and Tom is short and young and casual without feeling old or too informal

i love Ted but Iam biased as my blue bump is going to be Edward...Teddy/Ted for short :D

I like Tom.

Ben is nice but I think it rhymes too much with your surname for my liking... Ben Fenton. I can't decide if the rhyme would be cute or not. :-s xx

i choose ben but i might be a little biased as thats my sons name lol.

I really like Ted and I think it goes really nicely with the surname.

I'm only off Ted because it's my cars name :haha: (the last three letters, it was the obvious choice) Tom is cute with your last name! xx

I like Tom.

Ben is nice but I think it rhymes too much with your surname for my liking... Ben Fenton. I can't decide if the rhyme would be cute or not. :-s xx

My first thought on ben was that it sounds like ben 10 when you say it wit the surname.
I personally love ted, but think you have very good reasons to go with Tom, either would be good, would you regret not going with the name you always wanted. I wouldn't worry too much about your friend. Thomas is quite popular so she can't have the monopoly on the name, plus she may have a girl yet!

i have to say that i personally think Tom is the better one out of the three.. i agree with someone else that Ben 10 sounds bit too much like your surname and as much as i do like Ted i think Tom sounds better and also has personal reasons for you

You friend can still call her baby Thomas as yours will be Tom, there is a difference

OK Ben is out (Ben Fenton sounds too much like Ben 10!).

Still torn between Tom and Ted.

Why is it so hard? lol.

x

What lovely names to pick between. I haven't voted as I can't make up my mind either. Why don't you wait and see what he looks like? The amount of people who tell you "their kid was going to be xxx but when born they just didn't look like an xxx"

I chose Ted which I think is lovely. But haven't helped your descion as now the votes are all equal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->