Name idea - what do you think?

Siuan

Reaction score
So, OH and I are currently wondering about names and have come up with one this morning that may just work... I'm after honest opinions please!

Francesca Violet Mae (surname begins with an "R")

Is that too long winded do you think? Violet & Mae could be hyphenated perhaps.

There is a reason for the names - we like longer names that can be abbreviated... So Francesca fits the bill. BUT, my OH's Grandad was Italian and called Francisco, OH has a middle name of Francis and it just works for that reason.

Violet was my Grandma's name (she passed away just over a year ago) and Mae is significant because it's our birthdays and wedding anniversary in May..

What do you all think?

i like it, we are giving our little boy 2 middle names 1 of which was my grandads name

Nice! I think they sound lovely too.

My 1st son has 2 middle names, neither are great but they are my fathers name who passed away nearly 30 years ago and my step fathers name who passed away 11 years ago.

I like middle names with meaning.

xxx

I really like Francesca and Violet, Mae is super popular on here, it seems like it's going to be the middle name for half the babies here! I'm not keen on Mae only because it makes me think of a character from the Beverly Hillbillies (American TV show) called Elly May. Anytime I hear 'Mae' as a middle name I think of hillbillies now. You won't have that problem over here so if you like it, go for it!

:) thanks for your comments so far!

You're right Erikab.. Mae does seem very popular, I think it's the modern "Louise" which most of my friends seem to have as a middle name!

Thankfully I've not seen Beverly Hillbillies so that link doesn't happen when I see the name :)

By the way - Erika is on the possibility list too ;)

I think that is lovely. Go for it :)

I like it. I'm personally not that keen on Mae, but the name sounds nice and flows well. x

By the way - Erika is on the possibility list too ;)

:happydance: It's a fab name but EVERYONE will misspell it as 'Erica' and you get the weirdest pronounciations ('Eureka'?) It seems pretty straightforward to me!

I think its a lovely name and flows very well. Good choice!x

I like the name :) my child will have two middle names if it's a boy and possibly if it's a girl too.

I really like it :)

Ours will have 2 middle names as well; Victoria Ann as middle names for a girl (OH's sister and my mum) and Stephen Delahae (my dads name and OH's Nans Maiden name) as middle names for a boy.

xx

Love it especially the meaning behind all of the names!

Well, nothing's set in stone just yet, but it's definitely growing on me already :)

Thanks all !!

I love Francesca Violet. I can see why you have added Mae but I am just not that keen on that spelling of it. Sorry!

x

I think it's lovely. Definitely not too long unless you plan to address my her full name:haha:

Like another poster said I really like middle names with a meaning. If our twins our boy/girl then they will both have 2 middle names after family members.

I think it's a beautiful name but I would spell it May rather than Mae, but that's just my personal preference.

I like it :) I dont think it's necessary to hyphenate the middle names xx

I love the name that you and your DH have picked!! All of my kids have 2 middle names

MaKenzie Kiara Lynn
MaKayla LeeAnn Margaret
Megan Marie Tobin
Xander Daniel Tobin

Tobin is my step dads last name and I love adding it to my kids names. This baby will have his last name
Her name is

Airyonna Kathleen
No 2nd middle name yet but I sure I will be adding Elise after Kathleen.

So Airyonna Kathleen Elise Tobin might just be her name when she gets here.

They sound lovely together! Although personally I feel it would be too long for me. But if you and your DH like it then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks :D

I really like Francesca (shortened to frannie not frankie though lol) and May is my Nan's middle name so I was wanting Mae as a middle name if we had been on team pink :)

XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->