Name spellings

Char&Bump-x

Me and her
Reaction score
Me and my OH have chosen the name Kyla (for now), but cant agree on a way to spell it!
Whick do you like best? Or any other suggestions?

Kyla
Kylah
Kiela
Kyela
Kyler

(Edit) Also which middle names can you think of that go with it? Surname is Yarde :)

I like Kyla. It cannot be misprounced the way some of the other spellings could.

Yep, i see your point. A lot of them she would probably be saying 'no its K Y..' etc.

Kylah or Kyla, I wouldn't even pronounce the other ones the same way!

Kyla or Kylah I would say too. Btw I love the name Kylah!

Middle names....I would go for something quite pretty like Jane, or Louise. It's an unusual name so bringing it down to earth would probably make it easier to pronounce etc. Just a thought.....for example I'm Aimee-Louise....the Aimee is a pain but the louise is never questioned.

I like Kylah or Kyla. Not too good on middle names. Have you thought about using a family members name?
I like Kylah Olivia.
Kylah Jade

Haven't really got a nice family member's name.
I'm thinking about not even having a middle name. We went through about 1000 before we even agreed on one for a first name, dont know if i can do that again lol

Of the ones you've listed, I'd go with Kyla, it's sweet and simple and like others have said much less likely to be misspelled or mispronounced!

I prefer Kylah or Kyla because, like others have said, it's pretty obvious how you're supposed to say it.

My sister in law is called Nylah. Pretty similar and easy to say, BUT when she was born her parents registered her name as being spelled 'Naaeelah'... how's that for difficult?!

If you can't think of a nice middle name, perhaps don't give her one and let her choose her own when she's old enough? A friend of mine got to choose her own and I always thought that was really nice.

im gonna be difficult sorry- i love the spelling Kaila (which i dont think you listed?)
but tbh i'd go with Kyla or Kylah, cos anything else would prob be mispronounced.
and i like Kaila Olivia (which i think someone mentioned?)

I'd go with Kylah or Kyla for exactly the aforementioned reasons. Funny, my very first though was also Kyla Jane, it just seems to go well together. Or Kyla Faye? Kyla Suranne?

Good Luck!!

xxx

See, I'd want to pronounce Kaila as Kayla (though I know the boys name Kai is pronounced Ky). It's difficult, they're all pretty names, but if you want it pronounced that one way, Kyla, then if she's not going to go through life constantly correcting people, it might be best to spell it that way, or Kylah (but even then she will always be saying "with an h"!!!)

But that said, there are so many spellings for relatively common names, like Jane/Jayne, Clare/Claire/Clair, so it's something many of us have had to deal with. I know I have - always had to be Nicola-without-the-h!!!

I like the traditional Kyla it's a pain having to spell your name all the time, trust me I know. How about Kyla Sophia Yarde, Kyla Gabrielle Yarde, Kyla Rose Yarde?

That was my fav to hehehehe glad you liked it I was quite proud of myself for that one.

Glad you like Kyla Rose, it's really pretty. I was going to suggest it but thought maybe I was just biased because I really like Leyla Rose for if I have a girl and it sounds kind of similar!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->