Names for a half white half black baby?

cskme_

Reaction score
My husband is black (African) and I am white (Canadian). I don't know the gender of my baby and won't know for a while. But I like to think of names. I don't want anything super Canadian but I also don't want any typical African American name. Also, for some reason I can't think of any boy names that I like!
I thought of a couple girl names, Zahra and Ava. Let me know what you think, and if you have any other girl names or boy names for a mixed baby. :winkwink:

I wouldn't worry about the ethnicity of the baby and instead just choose a name you like. Try names websites or apps - I had one, cant remember the name of it, but you could save shortlists. Me and my OH both had the app then compared shortlists, merged them, took out the names that either of us liked and then made a top 5 which we consulted both sides of the family and it was pretty unanimous for our girls name, there was a bit more variation with the boys names but I struggled so much to even find 5 I would consider. Boys names are way harder! I'm a teacher though and I think a lot of the names put me off because of pupils.

What loeylo said :) Just find names you like!

I absolutely love Ava!! I kinda like the name Zoey for a girl too.

Luckily we came up with names before we got pregnant but I can definitely say there were no "back up" names. lol There's names I like but because of someone we know that's close or whatever reason they haven't stuck.

Ethan - Caleb - David - Aaron - Logan - Jacob - Carter

My favorite of those is probably David but sadly my husband knows someone named David and he cant' stand him. I also had a really close
guy friend in college named David which might make it a little weird lol

Our name will be either Colton Lee or Leah Roxanne :)

My friends husband is african so there baby is half white/black and they called her Nala. I think it's a gorgeous name!

ethnicity shouldn't matter....besides, you have the best of both worlds to work with. I like Zoe for a girl or Xavier for a boy!

What loeylo said :) Just find names you like!

I absolutely love Ava!! I kinda like the name Zoey for a girl too.

Luckily we came up with names before we got pregnant but I can definitely say there were no "back up" names. lol There's names I like but because of someone we know that's close or whatever reason they haven't stuck.

Ethan - Caleb - David - Aaron - Logan - Jacob - Carter

My favorite of those is probably David but sadly my husband knows someone named David and he cant' stand him. I also had a really close
guy friend in college named David which might make it a little weird lol

Our name will be either Colton Lee or Leah Roxanne :)

I have always liked Zoey, but my cousin just found out she's having paternal twins, she's naming them Zackary and Zoey.
It's hard with names, there may be so many names that you like but as soon as you know someone with that name or someone else has a baby with that name then it feels almost off limits! lol

My friends husband is african so there baby is half white/black and they called her Nala. I think it's a gorgeous name!

That's a really cute name! I know everyone says ethnicity doesn't matter, but I would actually prefer a more ethnic name (Nala is a great example).

Nothing wrong with wanting a more ethnic name. It's part of who baby will be! My DH is part Scottish and I'm Welsh So we have been looking at celtic names.

For Celtic names, I love Alina for a girl and Dallas for a boy. (I'm not 100% sure if Dallas is Celtic. but either way I think its a cute name :) )

I want Merida if it's a girl, it's a Scottish name. But I already have one daughter named after a disney princess (Aurora) so not sure I can get away with it again lol

I absolutely love Aurora. We can see the Aurora Borealis where I live and it's beautiful! Definitely a good pick.

My niece is called Nahla/nala.

I like names like Dina, Dana (pronounce daa-na), Aalia, and I am sure there are loads others.

I don't actually know any typical African names...

Actually, no, I do! I met a couple of girls years ago called Ola, and Bola.

My husband is Zulu and from South Africa. We have three boys Aidan, Greyson and Kayleb. I am Caucasion and my family is English some still living there. My Nana loved all the names we chose, specifically Greyson. Not sure what we will do for baby number 4 on the way, I will let you know. 😉😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->