names for grandparents

Gemma Lou

Reaction score
My mum and dad are really struggling to think of what they want to be called............has anyone got any ideas? :hugs:

MIL is gonna be Gramma
FIL is gonna be Poppa

My mom is gonna be Granny

Good luck! Lots of names to choose from huh??

xx

Ahh thanks for posting this I need ideas too, my mom keeps asking me what she should be called!

My DH parents were Nana and Granddad, and my parents are Granny and Nandad (Morgan could say granddad it came out Nandad and it stuck :rofl:).

I had a Nan, Gran and Granddad.

I guess I'm even more confused because she will see my grandparents and his quite often also so it's like finding names for 10 people ahhhhhhhhhhh!!

My mum will be nana; my dad will be gaga (this is what my nephew called him as he couldn't say granddad); MIL will be granny; FIL will be grandpa. My nana will be called nana B (this is what my nephew and cousin's wee girls call her) and H's Gran we haven't spoken about yet lol.

Cx

Well OH mum is going to be Granny, his dad will be Papa

My dad will be Grandad, my step-mum Nana and my mum will be Oma.

My mum was wanting to be a granny at first but wanted something different and my brothers partner is Dutch and Oma is like the short dutch word for granny.

I did double check it just to be sure he wasnt having a laugh:blush:

And found this site which was quite cool for ideas of different countries words for granny/grandad etc

https://www.thenewparentsguide.com/grandparents-nicknames.htm

Emma.xx

theres my mum who at first wanted to be called grandma but then thought how old it made her sound lol! she now wants to be called nana! - and before she hated how kids called out nana and how silly it sounded! oh well lol

my mum wants 2 be called glam-ma lol

1 Grandad, 2 Grandma's and 2 Grandpa's - this baby is going to be very confused!!!!

well my kids call my dad grandad, and his wife nanny. Same goes for my nan and grandad. They just call them nanny and grandad. My mum didnt wnt to be called grandma or nanny cause it made her feel too old so she chose to be called Nanna B (B being her first name initial)
My partners mum is called Grandma or granny

Maimeó is my Mum
Pappa is my Dad

Nan is OHs Mum
Grandpa is OHs Dad

Chloes great grandparents are grandma, grandad, gran and nan

my in laws are nanny and pappy

my parents are granny and grumps

so thats 8 with no duplicates - not bad!!

What we decided is to stick to what we called OUR grandparents so his parents are Grandma & Grandpa and my parents are Grammy & Pappy.

Well My mum is only 38 ( had me at 17), Shes just had a little baby girl..even though I was due before her GRRRR!! lol

So she definetely doesnt want Grandma or Granny, Shes not keen Nana but doesnt mind Nanny.

I called mine Mammar..

MIL parents will be called Grandma and Grandad because there quite old...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back