Names names names!

Chel

Reaction score
I'm driving myself a little crazy with names... I want to get it perfect because this is imporant....so, we're due in 10 days and I've decided to re-open the name discussion...

His name as it stands is William Turbo Famous. Which is okay... but... I'm just not feeling its perfect.

Turbo, unfortunately, as I discovered after arguing for about 6 months, is non-negotiable in my partners mind... in fact, if he had it his way Turbo would be his first name.

ALso, my brother a few months ago suggested the name Morrissey, which I really like as a middle name (even though the reason my brother suggested it is because he named his guitar Morrissey after Steven Patrick Morrissey... have I mentioned my brother is in a punk rock band?) I think William Morrissey has a really nice ring to it.

But.... is... William Morrissey Turbo Famous just the most ridiculas name you've ever heard?

NOW... just to add in a whole other thought pattern, my partner had his name legally changed to have the surname Famous, his parents surname is Abousawan... so... part of me would like to honour that name.

SO... then we get.... William Morrissey Turbo Famous Abousawan

... part of me wants to forget the whole thing and just write "Billy" and nothing else on his birth certificate.

Wow thats kinda a long name lol :p and alot of spelling to do lol Not really sure what to say about it lol

Oh heck!! That is a debate and a half.

I hate to say it but Turbo Famous ... does have a cartoon action hero feeling about it, not sure if that's a good thing ... keep thinking of the Simpsons episode where Homer changes his name to 'Max Power' after reading it on a hair dryer.

If we could lose the Turbo i guess the shorter options are:

William Morrissey Famous
William Morrissey Abousawan
William Abousawan Famous

My OH came up with our LO's name, and although I'm happy with it I know that if after a painful labour I held LO for the first time and announced his name to be something totally different that OH wouldn't be able to object, lol. Not sure you can rely on this working thou

I think that's abit too much. Willam morrissey famous sounds ok.
Is there a reason your partner wants Turbo in his name?
x

I think it is a bit too much as well....

I like;

William Morrissey Turbo
William Turbo Morrissey
William Famous Morrissey
William Morrissey Famous
William Morrissey Abousawan

Good luck! Go with your gut though! He is your child afterall. :hugs:

Right im confuzzled .... where have Turbo and Famous come from? Are they surnames? Names with meaning etc?

Where are turbo and famous from? Are they surnames?? I'm confused!

There is pretty much no origin for the names Turbo or Famous apart from the fact that he thinks they sound cool (you've kind of got to know him for that to make sense, I swear, he's not as crazy as that makes him sound)

I think the basis of changing his surname to Famous was to mask the Arabic origin in his name. I know there is more to it than simply that, but thats as much as I think I can easily explain.

He really just likes the name Turbo... that fact drove me a little bit nuts, but after 6 months of discussion it somehow actually managed to grow on me... I'm just too much of a softy sometimes I think!

There is pretty much no origin for the names Turbo or Famous apart from the fact that he thinks they sound cool (you've kind of got to know him for that to make sense, I swear, he's not as crazy as that makes him sound)

I think the basis of changing his surname to Famous was to mask the Arabic origin in his name. I know there is more to it than simply that, but thats as much as I think I can easily explain.

He really just likes the name Turbo... that fact drove me a little bit nuts, but after 6 months of discussion it somehow actually managed to grow on me... I'm just too much of a softy sometimes I think!

Ok, i would go with Turbo as a nickname only. That's just a personal opinion though! Good Luck x

Personally I'd drop the Morrissey and the Turbo cos I think the Famous sounds ok...

But this is your baby so you go with whatever you feel is right.

With a name like Billy Turbo though it does sound like he should be a rock star or a movie star...

Obviously it's your baby so you go ahead and call it whatever you want to. But consider that the name needs to be able to grow with the child and what's 'cool' now might not appear so 10 years from now. I have worked in a number of UK schools for the past 13 years and kids can be really cruel even about something as simple as a name. I've even had children say to me privately, "please don't tell/show anyone my real name," because they just don't want the hassle/jeers from the other children. Sad but true :(

For what it's worth, I reckon 'William Morrisey Famous' is a superb name and 'Turbo' would just be fab as a nickname. That way your OH can always call him Turbo if he likes but he has a 'grownup' name too that isn't likely to get him gawped at during job interviews and things like that. This being the sole reason why my 2yr olds full name isn't Charlie-Bob although that is what I call him at home. :D

Wow those are very hard impact names, i wouldnt like to be 4 and learning how to spell my name hee hee!!

I like

William Morrisey Famous

hope that helps
x

I mentioned this thread to OH and he suggested you could call him Really or Riley ... making his name 'Really Famous' :dohh:

Not helpful I know :blush:

:rofl: HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! LOL!!!!!
Thats a good one!

I mentioned this thread to OH and he suggested you could call him Really or Riley ... making his name 'Really Famous' :dohh:

Nice!

One of my friends suggested calling him "Almost"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back