Names?? What would you do?!?!

You might not even have a girl. Everyone thought I was having a girl too and I had a boy so unless you find out the sex you can't be 100% sure.

I got my OH to write down a list of names and then I wrote one. We eventually decided on about 4 or 5 names per sex that we were both happy with and we both had a (joint) favourite first name as well as our own personal faves.

I personally love the name Alfie and would love to call a boy that if we had another boy but OH hates it so we won't be calling the baby that name. It's all about compromise. If we have a girl we will be using OH's deceased great aunts name as the 2nd name. Now I think it is quite an old-fashioned name but she was like a mother to OH so I would be honoured to use it for a daughters name.

I think you need to learn to compromise more.

Sorry hun but I am gonna have to agree with boyfriend on this one :( there must be names that you both would like. I think the both of you should have a input!

I'm also going to have to agree. Perhaps it's because I'm Canadian and even the most popular names here would never "fly" with people in North America, but I also think that Esther sounds pretty old fashioned. I've only known little old ladies to have that name, but who knows - by the time your baby were to get into school there may be a zillion Esthers. You just never know!

First off, if he is worried about the child being picked on, it doesn't matter. If a child is going to be picked on, they will find something. Sometimes the name happens to be convenient but it isn't necessary. I am going to come off as a bit biased as Esther is one of my two year olds middle names but it is after her Daddy's favorite aunt and all of his relatives would be old if the important ones hadn't passed on. My older daughter also has an old fashioned middle name from my Great-Grandmother. Her first name is so popular with the under five set that I am glad the names weren't reversed!

Biblical names seem to come around fairly regularly though there are few good one for girls. It sounds like his idea for naming babies was to use family names in the first place and you don't know if his former partner had much say in choosing those. If he doesn't have any ideas and just seems to be complaining since he didn't pick them, perhaps you need to sit down and have a little talk about it. Be open though, not pushy.

You have plenty of time so be sure to pick something the baby isn't going to hate their whole life. Destiny Ocean was a lovely name that my sister's friend's gave to their daughter. However, her last name is Allen and DOA is a terrible set of initials to give a child. Just saying to give it careful thought.

Drip feed it to him and he'll probably come around!

He actually just told me if it's a girl I can use Esther :happydance: but now that I have what I want I almost feel bad for pushing it. I didn't push it too much, but brought it up quite a bit partly brcause he wanted to watch the veggie tales movie on Esther which I think might have had part of it too, but you know men and how well they communicate!!!! Lol

we made a deal... I choose 3 names for a girl and he picks the one he likes best and vice versa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->