names you would love to have but feel you couldnt

LoolaBear

3 On Earth 1 in Heaven
Reaction score
are there any names out there that you love but feel due to lifestyle, personality family influences you couldnt have them?

Myleene Klass has just named her new little girl Hero Harper Quinn and i love it but i know that i wouldnt have the confidence i used to have to be able to pull it off.

are there any names out there you love but could never have or pull off due to other maters that dont include names that dont 'go' with each other? :flow:

Coco

I just adore it. The chocolate and exquisite fashion essence of it! However, I can just see her being called Coco the Clown or something similar :(

I love the name Harlow for a little girl... im sure the family would hate it though. Also...we had the names Dexter and Ozzy for our boy... everyone in the family has made me feel crap about these so we have settled with Oscar and will call him Ozzy for short. What i REALLY wanted to call him though was Tiger... I LOVE names that are different but I just know alot of people would hate it and he might get picked on about it when hes older.x

I love Diego for a boy, but a Spanish first name and a German last name wouldn't work so well.:blush:

Most of my favourite names are no-gos because they don't work in all necessary languages (French, English, Arabic). I've mostly forgotten about those names because I don't allow myself to fall for a name I can't use, but here are a couple:

Theodore, Arthur
Romy

I love the name Harlow for a little girl... im sure the family would hate it though. Also...we had the names Dexter and Ozzy for our boy... everyone in the family has made me feel crap about these so we have settled with Oscar and will call him Ozzy for short. What i REALLY wanted to call him though was Tiger... I LOVE names that are different but I just know alot of people would hate it and he might get picked on about it when hes older.x

i love Harlow for a girl as well. but my sister always turns around and says 'well you cant name a baby girl after a scummy town in essex' so i know she would only tease her if i named a girl Harlow.

the strange thing is i dont think ive got the confidence to name a girl Hero but i could name a boy Hero lol

probablly a little socially inappropriate of a post, but the other night while brainstorming baby names, my husband was saying how funny it would be if we named all of our kids totally from other cultures like enrique, hernando, mercedes, latigua etc. we were roaring thinking of differnt names and how people would react. little off topic but this thread made me chuckle thinking of it again :D

names that end in "s", because our surname begins with an "s" and it's all too much. I really like Silas and Linus for a boy, and Carys and Cerys for a girl, but no way. :(

also names that end in the "-ia" sound, as they rhyme with our surname. such a shame because I love Leah.

i also love the name Winter but having a baby due in winter i feel it might be a little cruel even though i love it!

and also cant have really long names as our surname is 12 letters long so a long first name and a long surname i feel look silly together especially when you add a middle name to it as well.

i also love the name Keira but SIL's sister has a little girl called Kyra so think it might be a bit confusing for her lol.

then also me being me im not a huge fan of popular names, luckily from what ive seen Mia and Jacob arent popular in my area so i should get away with it if i do definately decide to keep them (im a sod for changing my mind but so far no changes yet and its been almost two months since i chose them!)

im not too keen on americanised names even though some of them are lovely.

i love the name Cassidy but i know MIL would annoy the hell out of me and call her Cassie and always say i named her after her dog (who is called casper but they call him Cassie)

so lots of names for me i cant use really lol

I really love the name Rufus but we already have a Hamish so people would think we were talking about a pair of scottie dogs, not beautiful boys!

Also having big problems with our last name which is short but has Rs in it. Rules out so many things I love like Ruari and Cara.

i love Harlow for a girl as well. but my sister always turns around and says 'well you cant name a baby girl after a scummy town in essex' so i know she would only tease her if i named a girl Harlow.

the strange thing is i dont think ive got the confidence to name a girl Hero but i could name a boy Hero lol

haha that is so funny, your sis must know that town pretty well, cos thats exactly what it is!!! Hopei dont offend anyone by saying that! xx

I love the name Reuben for a boy but couldnt have it as our surname's Italian and would just sound utterly ridiculous, shame thoughxx

I love Lake for a boy but it sounds like a location on a map when you add ANY surname to it :(

Coco

I just adore it. The chocolate and exquisite fashion essence of it! However, I can just see her being called Coco the Clown or something similar :(

Same here it's my all time favourite name but I just can't do it.

I love Marley for a boy or girl and have done for years but i always get told that it wouldnt be right to call a white child marley as it is more suited to a child who is black or mixed race. I do adore it though

I love the names Fern and Wren, but I don't think I could use them.

Poppy, my surname is Perrin so I think it would sound too much like a tongue twister, and the fact you would probally spray people in spit when saying it.... xXx

Coco

I say go for it!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"