Names

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Alexas Mommy, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Alexas Mommy

Alexas Mommy Well-Known Member

Okay, so maybe all of you will think I'm wacko for already thinking about names, but the idea of seeking out possibilities of what my child might have really excites me and makes the pregnancy seem real (still sinking in!)
    Has anyone else started giving any thought to a name?

2. Skatingfan

Definitely! OH and I started discussing names when we first started trying. Now that it's official, we've almost settled on a girl's name, though we can't agree on a boy's name (we're both hoping for a girl!)

I think it's normal to think about names!

3. Alexas Mommy

When I was pregnant with Lex, I don't think I had much interest in what her name would be until I knew she was a girl! That was almost 6 years ago though, so I could be forgetting a bit!

4. Skatingfan

Well, my OH and I are from different backgrounds, so we want to make sure that we pick a name that works for both cultures, isn't too popular and we both can stand.

Ultimately it doesn't matter if it's a girl or boy, we'd still love either equally, but we're raising my OH's two sons and even have three male dogs and I'd just love another female presence in the house! But of course we're trying to prepare with names for either!

I've read that women with PCOS have higher rates of miscarriage, so talking about names is good for taking our minds off the constant worry about something happening to the baby. It's a positive discussion!

5. Mapleroo

Mapleroo Well-Known Member

We have already picked our names and I am not even 5 weeks yet! I have never been so organised in my life :shrug:

6. jenniferttc1

jenniferttc1 mommy of 1 baking #2

We have a hard time with boy names. We didn't know our sons name till after we knew he was a boy and finally agreed on Haiden lane.
    This time around I haven't settled on a boys name yet, we have different taste with them.
    Girls are
    Tinley
    Amberlee
    lyla
    matilyn

7. Alexas Mommy

Boys name are soo hard!! I couldn't come up with a boys name when I was pregnant with Lex, either and this time around I keep looking at girls names too! Girls names are much prettier!!

8. jenniferttc1

jenniferttc1 mommy of 1 baking #2

I think my husband refuses to look at boy names, he's determined its a girl :rofl: I think its a girl, but probably a boy :) but that's cause his family hasn't had a girl in 60 years, so it seems impossible to me lol

9. ShakeItBaby1

ShakeItBaby1 Mommy to Riley Elizabeth

60 years?!? Wow! Fx'ed the family finally gets a girl :haha:. We've decided on boy names, but we cannot decide on a girl name. Guess we're opposite of everyone! :)

10. linz85

linz85 Well-Known Member

Ive had my boys name picked since i was a teenager lol. However, I'll probably have another little girl which I have no idea on. It was hard enough me and the OH deciding on a name we both liked for our LG, so god help us this time hehe x

11. angelswings07

angelswings07 Well-Known Member

I have quite a long list of both boy and girls names, in fact I had a list before I found out I was pregnant, and I wasn't planning on having kids for a few more years!

12. youngmamttc

youngmamttc My family is complete

Oh we've both decided on sat names for our child whether its a boy or girl! xx

13. Rhi_Rhi1

Rhi_Rhi1 Well-Known Member

I'm 99% sure we have picked our final two names all ready !

14. Nikkinoonoo

Nikkinoonoo Mummy to a gorgeous girl

I have a girls and a boys name but now need two of each just incase!
    I find girls names much harder than boys, there's so many boys names I love. Jessica wasn't named until we knew she was a girl at 23 weeks and it was literally the only name we could agree on. Our names we have picked for this time around if anyone is interested is Holly and Jake. I also like Ronnie for a boy named after my dad xXx

15. Mapleroo

Mapleroo Well-Known Member

Love Holly and Jake!! Hopefully you will have one of each so you don't have to think of anymore names! How about Jacob Ronnie?? I think it's lovely to name children after family members :)

16. Nikkinoonoo

There's literally tons of boys names I love:
    Archie
    Toby
    Ronnie
    Sidney
    Lennie

With girls there's some I think are ok, but not ones I love! It's funny how kids really fit into the names you pick them too, when I had Jess for a while I wanted Mia but she is definately a Jessie. So pleased I picked her name :) xXx

17. Nikkinoonoo

My daughter is Jessica Norma (named after my late mum) Margaret (named after OH mum) .... Don't think she's going to thank us for that in years to come haha xXx