Names

Kina

Reaction score
Have you got your names set in stone yet?

Mine was supposed to be Gabe (Gabriel) but our families have been so horrible about it that we're probably not going to have it now. I think we will probably go for Alexander, unless something else comes up in the meantime.

What about you?

Still undecided. We have ruled out Oscar now as we both think it sounds more like a goldfish, so its between Elijah and Jude, but I have issues with both, so Im not 100% on either. I am still trying to get OH to change his mind on the name Caleb cause its my fav name of all time, but I think the baby name book will be coming out again soon.

I know how you feel about the family thing, mine dont exactly old back on their opinons. Last time when we had Lola as the planned name for a girl, my mum said she would write me out of her will and refuse to call the child that. And I dont think she was joking, when Ihad a pet rat once, she didnt like the name Igave it, so she gave it a different name :?

We have nearly decided, we like Kayleigh Teagan Astrid and Francessca its just a question of picking one as first name and 2 for middle names. May change our minds b4 lo arrives. Only picked those on Sat night! Haven't disscussed with family and don't plan too. They voiced opinion with ds but we lived nearer then. I feel they're your children and its up to you what you call your los. We only picked Gabriels name just b4 he was born. I didn't like it initially when dh suggessted it early on i pregnancy ,but by the end i'd got to really like it. GAbriel doesn't gt Gabe yet but may do when he gets older.

Oh Kina, thats such a shame! Gabe is a lovley name! I really like Alexander though.
I love the name Lola, and thats what i wanted to call Charlie, but DH was not having it. I like Evie, Ava, Lola, Leigh, nimnh (sp) but I couldnt pick a single Boys name ........**sneaks off to pinch 'Gabe' if a we had a baby boy**

well as you all know we have had Isobel and Hope and now its neither,Dave then wanted Elizabeth but now for sure (I think)?

Is Catherine,but to be called Katie :? Daves choice.

I love cattherine tho

LOL yes I agree Catherine is a great name :wink:

One thing I will warn you is that Ihad my name shortened to Cathy when I was at primary school and it stuck and Ihave always hated it. Once I moved and knew no-one Igot to shorten it how I wanted, hence now Cat.
So Iwould suggest you straight away choose how you would like to shorten the name and tell people before they do it for you!

I like Alexander, my ex was called Alexander Peter Elliot (APE) ha!

Sorry irrelevant but a lovely name all the same! :D

Hels said:
I love the name Lola, and thats what i wanted to call Charlie,

LOL had to giggle a that !!! charlie and lola ! :lol:

Alexander is lovely!

Its hard when people dont like your name choices, we liked Jayden throughout my pregnancy but so many people commented on it that we changed it !!!

Mummy2twoplusbump said:
We have nearly decided, we like Kayleigh Teagan Astrid and Francessca its just a question of picking one as first name and 2 for middle names. May change our minds b4 lo arrives. Only picked those on Sat night! Haven't disscussed with family and don't plan too. They voiced opinion with ds but we lived nearer then. I feel they're your children and its up to you what you call your los. We only picked Gabriels name just b4 he was born. I didn't like it initially when dh suggessted it early on i pregnancy ,but by the end i'd got to really like it. GAbriel doesn't gt Gabe yet but may do when he gets older.

Love Francesca! :wink:

I know Steph....I thought DH might have been talked round, but now I couldnt call a baby girl Lola because of 'Charlie and Lola' :roll:

Well after this topic, we started looking at more names last night, and short listed another 2. So we now have Leon and Evan.

if i have another i have my names ready :lol:

kris hates them both but its tough,

Luca for a boy and Poppy for a girl

i love poppy but not to sure it it would sound nice on a woman, nice for a little girl though

Dionne said:
if i have another i have my names ready :lol:

kris hates them both but its tough,

Luca for a boy and Poppy for a girl

i love poppy but not to sure it it would sound nice on a woman, nice for a little girl though

My aunt is called Poppy and she is late 50's ut everyone calls her Pop!

thats what i dont want every one to call her pop :lol:
but im not even preg so i best shut up :oops:

i did see my anties 10 day old baby last night though, got me soooooo broody

we have decided on Angharad Katie its welsh but was talking to some one on msn the otherday and i was told why couldnt i choose something simple i thought what a bloody cheek seeing as i live in wales why cant i be allowed to have that name

if anyone is find it difficult to say

ang for angle then harad

ANG HA RAD (LOL)

But i was so upset when that girl said that to me

xxxxx

Oh no Kina!! I love the name Alexander but Gabe is gorgeous. All I will say is that he is your baby and if you really want to call him Gabe then go for it! I would hate for you to regret not using your name. We got loads of comments about our name choices and the amount of people who went "that's nice" in a false tone when we said Seren - yet I couldn't imagine any other name for her (Dionne we also had Daisy and Poppy as stand-by's in case she wasn't a Seren). Now everyone says it suits her. It has given me so much more confidence in naming our next baby something that we really like. You choose what makes you happy, both names are gorgeous.

we have decieced on summer lee for our little girl she is due now in about 5 weeks !!!! x

I just re-read this thread and had to laugh how indecisive was I?

Elizabeth,Isobel,Catherine?

And I end up with Amelia.lol

I am defo having next time tho Isabella and Ben for sure as always,always loved those and hubby jumped in but I said No-way is he picking next time.
Bex

Ours is now either:

Olivia Kate, Lucy Kate or Katie with a different middle name to Kate obviously!

Not sure yet she mite end up being a Maud or Mabel!:rofl:

we have come up with a new possible name now, we are not going to tell anyone yet coz i know my family will hate it, plus i have no idea how you spell it, and i cant find it on any name sites to get teh meaning lol

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->