Names?

For a boy I like Tyler or Finley..Not sure on a middle name though

And for a girl Evie-Grace.

I have lots of names I like, but DH and I have never actually had a serious conversation about names we both like.

i always find it really funny how a lot of pregnant people refuse to tell you what name they've picked. like i would ever say 'ugh no you cant have that one'!!!?
Made myself a cup of tea...nope still don't like it! [\quote]

You'll be surprised, some of the comments I got were awful- from my own loving family lol! It's like some people think because the baby isn't here yet they have free reign and can even change your mind lol. Having said that I hate when people gleefully say 'we're not saying' as if I actually care that much, I'm showing an interest I'm not gonna lose sleep over it or anything! I never did the whole referring to Elliot as Elliot either until he was born even though I knew that would be his name, I don't know why but I was never comfortable with that, I wanted to meet him first. So we kept people off our backs by saying we would name him once we met him lol! Looooove the name Alfie :) xx

I agree! Our families were the worst. Everyone has an opinion! "Well what about... instead?" or "we always liked the name..." The worst is when they list all of the television shows and movies that a person has had the name in.
Some of the comments I got: "So Phoebe? Like from Friends? did you even like Friends? She was kind of weird..." "Oh, Marley? Like the dog from that movie? Would you really want to name your child after a dog?" "Joey? Like a baby kangeroo? It is a bad omen to do that because your child will be like a joey and will fail to thrive... What a bad name. i like the name..." "I'm so glad you are having a girl because the name Phoebe is okay but your boys name was terrible..." "Zoey, like orange muppet from sesame street? "

This time we are going to keep it a secret because by the end of pregnancy I was about to lose it!

Possible names:
Girl: Marley, Maisie, Adeline, Zoey
Boy: Joseph (Joey), Liam, Oliver,

i always find it really funny how a lot of pregnant people refuse to tell you what name they've picked. like i would ever say 'ugh no you cant have that one'!!!?

You'll be surprised, some of the comments I got were awful- from my own loving family lol! It's like some people think because the baby isn't here yet they have free reign and can even change your mind lol. Having said that I hate when people gleefully say 'we're not saying' as if I actually care that much, I'm showing an interest I'm not gonna lose sleep over it or anything! I never did the whole referring to Elliot as Elliot either until he was born even though I knew that would be his name, I don't know why but I was never comfortable with that, I wanted to meet him first. So we kept people off our backs by saying we would name him once we met him lol! Looooove the name Alfie :) xx

I agree! Our families were the worst. Everyone has an opinion! "Well what about... instead?" or "we always liked the name..." The worst is when they list all of the television shows and movies that a person has had the name in.
Some of the comments I got: "So Phoebe? Like from Friends? did you even like Friends? She was kind of weird..." "Oh, Marley? Like the dog from that movie? Would you really want to name your child after a dog?" "Joey? Like a baby kangeroo? It is a bad omen to do that because your child will be like a joey and will fail to thrive... What a bad name. i like the name..." "I'm so glad you are having a girl because the name Phoebe is okay but your boys name was terrible..." "Zoey, like orange muppet from sesame street? "

This time we are going to keep it a secret because by the end of pregnancy I was about to lose it!

Possible names:
Girl: Marley, Maisie, Adeline, Zoey
Boy: Joseph (Joey), Liam, Oliver,

I cant believe people would actually be like that!!? i'm pretty certain mine will be a maisy or an alfie (not sure on middle names yet i cant decide) but there's nothing to say that wont change when i meet them! alfie is a certain but maisy could change. hubby isnt as keen on it as me, but then when i first suggested alfie a fewe years ago he really didnt like it. he does now though i'm glad to say! so maybe maisy will grow on him too. i dont think i'd want to tell everyone in case i did endd up deciding to change it, but then again i dont know if id want to be one of the 'hehe im not telling you' crowd as i'm always the one begging to know and not being told!! i think whn we know we're expecting and am a fair few months down the road i'll tell my grampa that if its a boy we want to call him alfie, just because if its a girl i'd like him to know that that was our intention. as who knows when, if ever, we will get a lil boy! xx

I always thought picking baby names was so easy, till i had to name my little boy lol. I used to have big lists of all the girl and boys names i liked written down. And i am actually quite suprised i didn't name my DS ANY of them lol.

I like Oliver for boy and Jessica(Jessie) for a girl atm

We like skye leah for a girl. For a boy we like mason sean. But that is subject to change as we've got a while til the next baby. But next time we are definately keeping it quiet. I never had any bad comments, I just think it would be nice to announce it the day he or she is born.

I told my mum (for a laugh) that we lked Phoebe. Blunt as ever she just said that's awful BUT after about an hour she was like 'I actually quite like Phoebe' and by the end of the day so did I! Hubby didn't though and said so very bluntly :nope:

My daughters are Caitlin and Bethany. For my next: Ailish or Emily for girls, Declan or Finlay for a boy.

I have my heart set on Kalliope (Ka-lie-ah-pee) Rose to call her Kallie Rose. I think it would go great with my dd, Katie Belle. DH hates it though.

If we have a boy, he'd be William Lee and called Liam.

Ohoh, I also like the name Novalee for a girl :) Skye is also quite lovely.

me and my OH have agreed on Tao Sasha for a boy :)
and Ophelia as a middle name for a girl but not sure on a first name? I like Lara :D

I've told family and friends the names we've picked before and got negative comments/opinions... I think it's because that little person doesn't exist yet so they feel like they can say if they don't like it. Whereas if you present your baby and say 'this is so and so' they can hardly say anything!

We like Felix James for a boy (both me and OH's little brothers are called James so that was a definite) and Amber or Luna for a girl. It's so hard to think of something that's a little different but not too wacky! Before I met OH I also loved the name Chloe but his/now our surname is Clarke and that sounds rubbish :wacko: Did any of you have names you liked but just don't go with OH's surname (assuming they'll be given his name that is)?

We both love Abigail and Olivia as girls names. My husband is named after his father, and his father is named after his father ... So, if we have a boy it might end up being named after my husband. We're not completely sure yet though. We haven't been able to think of any other boy names.

yes! i loved the name juliette but it wouldnt suit his surname! and i love max and quentin but he hates them :(

We waver between Violet and Juliet for a girl, but we're pretty settled on Leo for a boy.

Im adding one more to my list of girl names: Amelia

.. I seriously need to think of some boy names, this is ridiculous. :lol:

Haha, I am so clueless when it comes to picking a name. It was even difficult for me to pick a name for my house rabbit. I'm actually working on a program that I'm entering in all sorts of stats on different names into so that I can just plug in a few things and have it spit out a good name. I'm an indecisive nerd? :laugh2:

I'm loving them all so far :)

For me its Erin Sarah or Dylan Matthew

The middle names are names that mean something - Sarah is both mine and OH's mum's name and Matthew is my OH's first name :)

Other names that we like are Milly/Millie and Callum or Conner :thumbup: I really like Toby/Hugh/Zachery, but Matt isn't as keen!

I've had loads of bad comments (already!!) about my name choices but I don't really care what they think! They're always subject to change as well - although we have had them in mind for a long time!

We have discussed adding to the names we have after links to my family we now have:

Laila Marie Alice (Alice after my grandads mother and my late grandmother)
Eva Lexi Kate
Eleanor Jane Margret
(Margret after my beloved grandmother)

And for boys we have also added onto what we have:

Alfie Ronald Thomas (Ronald after my beloved grandfather)
Jayden Ryan
Calum George Robert
(Robert after my father)

Loving everyones name choices!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back