Naming Dylan and Fiona's brother

Rhiannon137

Reaction score
So, as per the thread title, I'm looking for suggestions for the baby brother that Dylan (boy, age 4) and Fiona (girl, age 2) are expecting any day now.

My husband's dislikes my top choices:
Ronan
Nolan

There are a few of my second-tier choices that he likes, but doesn't love:
Calder
Ryan

Top middle name contenders are James or Caine. Last name starts with a D.

Any thoughts on these or other names would be welcome. I'd like to stick with Irish/ScottishW/Welsh/Gaelic origins.

I have a friend who went similar origins for all three of her sons. She has a Beckett, Declan and Brogan.... not sure if that helps! Congrats!!

ETA: just LOVE Fiona!! one of my faves - and my daughter names all of her babydolls Fiona as well lol

I'm Irish I'm from co Donegal and I saw your post and came to give you the name I love, Ronan but you already have it haha. Here are some other Irish names I like and are common here:
Cabhan (cavan)
Rory
Cathal (ca-hill)
Tiernan

I'm Scottish and some names I can think of from here are-

Ewan
Gregor
Archie
Hamish
Lewis
Brodie
Marcus
Alistair
Craig
Callum
Bruce
Magnus
Finlay
Lachlan
Murray

Thanks everyone! Wanted to update that baby arrived on Wednesday, and is named Ryan Caine. We really didn't know ahead of time, thiught he kind of looked like a Ryan on Wednesday, spent Thursday calling him Ryan, and it fit perfectly. We didn't make it official until we sent the birth certificate paperwork on Friday, though.

I'm Scottish and wanted scottish/irish names for my two boys and have a Connor and a Blair.

I really loved Brody for DS2 but DH was not a fan. Also on my list at some point or another was...
Fergus
Hamish
Rory
Lauchlan

And some family names I couldn't use...
Cameron
Douglas
Finlay
Gavin
Ewan
Donald
Lennox