Naming OUR daughter

Ard3ntAng3l

Pregnant with Number 1
Reaction score
I am so tired of people criticising OUR choice of name for OUR daughter - Georgina Bean :thumbup:

What do you ladies think about the name? I mean if Gwyneth Paltrow can name her daughter Apple, why can't Bean be my daughter's second name.

let me break the names down for you quick - Georgina is my late gran (on my mom's side) first name. Bean, well that is what i have been calling her since i found out we were expecting and it just stuck. has some "sentimental value"

Does it really sound that bad - Georgina Bean:shrug: She is ours after all and not everybody elses

It is rather unusual and you need to consider what kids will say when she's at school.

Love georgina though!

It is rather unusual and you need to consider what kids will say when she's at school.

Love georgina though!

We are hoping to home school and if she is anything like me - she will be able to deal with anything (there wasn't a big enough smiley to put here), but i understand what you are saying :winkwink:

I'm pretty sure Bean is Kurt Cobain and Courtney Loves middle name isn't it? So I bet theres a few more out there with Bean for a middle name :)

'The middle name 'Bean' was chosen because Kurt thought she looked like a kidney bean on the ultrasound'-From Wikipedia.

I think its cute.

Charlies middle name is Winston which isn't as unusual as Bean but it's for the same reason as you in that that was his nickname right from the start of being pg. It would have been his middle name even if he was a girl too!x

Georgina Bean... i don't think it's *that* unusual... :shrug: Perhaps bc i (and most people) have heard it before with Kurt Cobain's daughter, Francis Bean. It's cute...

However, the 9 months of pregnancy may seem HUGE right now..... but will pale in comparison after say the "first 6 months" or... the 1st year....... or say... the next 80 years of her life. Down the road, the cute nickname you called your fetus is no longer going to seem at all significant once you meet your daughter. (Besides, most people call their babies-to-be "bean" also, don't they??) So many more nicknames will come to mind once she is here and you see what she looks like & what her personality is like! Just my opinion... but like you said... she is YOUR daughter... and you are entitled to call her any name you want!

Love Georgina! Bean is cute too, not too out there but still unusual

bugger everyone else, choose what u want! i think bean is rather cute actually!!

I actually think it's cute! Dh and I almost used apple as my third dd middle name lol

I love unusual names.

1. Call your baby want you want
2. Do not tell relatives in advance as they will try and put you off any name. It'll by harder for them to be rude after the baby arrives.

I think it's really pretty.

As to teasing, how often do kids know the middle name of the other kids in their class? Pretty much never is my experience.

It's a cute name with a cute story behind it. And, like you say, it's YOUR name.

People seem to feel that they have every right to dictate how a child should be raised -- this is your first introduction to those busybodies who think they know best, so stand strong.

I don't think bean is a name that grows with a person if you know what I mean :shrug:

If you like it and its what you want then don't worry about what other people think. But i personally wouldn't. Our little boys nickname when i was pregnant was Bump, and thats what we carried on calling him for ages afterwards because we were so used to it. Even now he still gets called Bump. Part of me wanted to use it as his middle name but i knew it wouldn't be a good idea in reality lol. But bean sounds better than bump though lol x

I like the name, and to honest with you know one know my middle name. Also I think that if you and your OH love the name don't listen to anyone my sons middle name is Kilmore (an old family name.) So I say as long as you are happy go for it.

I actually think it sounds.... Amazing... :D

At first I was like no way. But as I started saying it... I sorta fell in love with it!

Great name choice I think! Good job. Very Original and so lovely. :D

^
WSS!!

Honestly, I saw your thread and was thinking ''whyyyy would someone do that!? :dohh:'' .. but then I said it aloud and the more I said it, the more I loved it.

I think it's an adorable name, Georgina is sophisticated and she never has to use her middle name if she doesn't wish - I say go for it!

:hugs:

We did the same thing with our daughter! We called her Shiki, short for "nishikigoi" the whole time, and nishikigoi is japanese for Koi. So we named her Emerald Koi. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->