Nappies again :D

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya ladies

I know I probably drive some of you mad about bloody nappies :haha: We are saving some cash but I have vouchers to use and so am stocking up on nappies. I keep getting vouchers coming out my ears :D Okay so far I have (mixed brands)

189 size 1's
162 size 2's
63 size 3's

What should I get more of? LO will be born by c-section at approx 38-39 so maybe an okay size/weight.

Thanks!!! :thumbup:

xx

lol im not the right person to ask both my boys were in size 2's from birth and in size 3's by a month old lol then they were in 3's tilll 4 ish months then fours till 8 months ish then 5's and they both can still wear 5s

Where do you get all the vouchers from? I've not got any vouchers for nappies :(

Ive had them from sainsburys, asda, boots and also when signed up to huggies online and when got bounty packs and you get a couple with huggies newborn starter kit which I have had a couple free. They keep coming! I use some and get more! Lol.

xx

I havnt either :( lol I would say size 2 and 3 my son was in size 2 for quite a while x

Some babies don't need the size 1s or 2s for very long so I'd say stock up on the 3s. My son's always moved on nappy sizes quickly. x

Thanks, i may get a box of size 3s to boost my stash a bit. Lol. Xx

Might as well if you're saving money in the long run! I have a bit of an obsession with stocking up on nappies and wipes too. x

i've heard from other moms (i can't back this up though), that babies stay in the sizes 2 and 3 the longest.

Yeh I've heard its best to stock up on sizes 2 & 3 too so thats what I'll be doing! Is anyone else stocking up on wipes, do they keep for a while?x

Thanks ladies. Ill make a start on some more 2s and 3s. Ive stocked up on about 16 packs of wipes so far. I believe not a good idea to use them in the first few wks but after that i guess they will come in handy and if baby doesnt use them then me and hubby will as they are a regular on our shopping list. Lol. Xx

Ohh thanks for starting this thread. I have tonnes of vouchers too, my purse is full of them - gotta love Baby Clubs! I have only newborn nappies (about 100 odd) so will definitely be getting some size 2s and 3s now after reading this.

Hula, we have about 15 packs of wipes :lol: again, thanks to our vouchers and the fact we buy them every time we do a food shop and see them on offer. Poundland also has Johnson's Fragrance Free ones in there. Gotta love buying for poos and sickies in advance ;)

xx

I am a stock-up addict!

I had bought 1500 nappies while pregnant with Anna!!

I found Tesco babyclub the best for vouchers - sign your parents etc up too and get their vouchers!

That 1500 nappies done Anna for around 9 months and cost under £90. It was all pampers we bought.

Anna was born at 39+3, weighing 6 lb 15 oz.

She went through 500 size 1, only 200 size 2 as there is a big overlap with pampers size 2 and 3, and easily 500 size 3.

I have never had any problems with nappies not fitting etc so I will be stocking up again!:flower:

I will have to sign up to tesco! i have mixture of pampers and huggies, mainly huggies. Maybe i should get some more size 1s and 3s then! Lol. Xx

i got some packs of size 1s for like £1.50. Lol. bargain!

Do they? I havent see any date on them. Lol. By time little one is here dnt think i will have had them that long. Xx

I jst checked and pampers have a march 2011 date printed on.which i am guessing is when.they were packed? Some Huggies i have have FAB: 13/04/2011 VAL: 13/04/2014 whic i am guessing is date they wre produced and or packed then a best before date which is in 3 yrs time. Xx

nappies have a 6 month shelf life!!!

Yes, they must be used within 12 months of opening. They have the symbol that cosmetics also have on them.

If not opened they are fine.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"