Nappies help please

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by pinkie77, Apr 4, 2011.

1. pinkie77

pinkie77 Mum of four!

I need to buy some disposables for my holiday next week. I assume size 3 should fit as phoebe was 11lb 2 last week when she was last weighed. I'm getting the asda little angels ones as that's what I used overnight before I started using cloth full-time.

Anyway, my question is what is the difference between the different types? There are new arrival, comfort dry and action fit to choose from and I haven't got a clue which would be best. Does it even matter?

2. Nervous_1

Nervous_1 Well-Known Member

size 3 will be fine hun. Action fit are apparently a bit thinner for when LO is more mobile but I don't see much of a difference to be honest! I think that you get more nappies in the comfort dry packs so if you're on a budget I'd get those :)

3. pinkie77

pinkie77 Mum of four!

Thanks hun, I'll go with whichever has the most in the packet lol

4. lozzy21

lozzy21 Mummy to Niamh

I know size 3 will be ok for weight but if your LO only has a little bum and legs they will be too big. Niamh was 12lb10 when she was weighed 3 weeks ago and were still in size 2

Action fit and supposed to be cut different so its easier for them when they are mobile

5. bigbetty

bigbetty Mammam to a princess

Fran was 13lbs last Thursday and is still in size 2 Asda Little Angels, although she will be moving up to size 3 soon. She is a chunky monkey but they are very generous in their sizes and were quite big on her when she was 11lbs, so I would suggest going with the size 2 hun xxx

If you do go with the size 3 then the newborn are good for during the day and comfort dry are designed for overnight if they sleep for a good few hours. The active fit are for those that are starting to move around xxx

6. sophie0909uk

sophie0909uk mother of 1 x

Pampers new baby size 2 should be fine. My son is 16lb and fits in size 3 pampers new baby. Although i dont use pampers often, im not overly keen.
    x

7. pinkie77

pinkie77 Mum of four!

Thanks ladies! Phoebe only has a little bum so the size 2's it is :thumbup: Her thighs are quite chunky though lol