Nappies

S

star-dust

Strange question and I know you may think its early but Im planning ahead due to expenses!

Basically what nappies are you planning to use, disposable or reusable!?

I have used pampers in past but they have given bum rash everytime, so preferred Huggies or georges (asda) own make
this time I want to give reusables a go,
thing is im confused which reusables to go for as there are sooo many round and different options!

what are you going for and why?

Ive found huggies seem better for girls and pampers for boys, I would love to use reusables but i just couldnt stomach all that poo! lol xxx

I am going for disposable only because with re usable u have to wash (obviously lol) and I will be on baby number 3.... well child number 4 if you include OH :rofl: and the cost of having the washing machine and tumble dryer and washing powder etc constantly would out weigh the savings if i re used. (I buy the cheap own brand nappies and they do great :))

I will be using disposables basically beacause of the cost and again all the washing etc....

Disposables for me to.

I am into all my eco stuff but having read articles about the constant washing, detergents etc im not convinced there is that much difference in benefits to the enviroment by using resuable nappies.

However I have bought the naturecare nappies which are more eco friendly (so they say) I think they may be more expensive but I have tried not to look at the prices !!! Im just hoping that I will get on with them otherwise will have to look at pampers, huggies etc.

I'm planning on having reusable nappies. A bit because of the eco side of things but also because I can't stand the thought of having dirty nappies in my wheelie bin for up to 2 weeks inbetween pickups :(

At the moment I'm leaning towards Bambino Mio nappies but I haven't made up my mind yet. The amount of choice is messing my head up just now :rofl:

Disposables, mainly cuz we live in an apartment without a washer and dryer, good advice on here though. I woulda had no idea what kind to buy!

About the comments of extra washing and cost of washing and detergents...

You can dry pail the nappies with tea tree oil, or wet pail them with nappysan which cleans and sanitises the nappies. You then put them onto a rinse cycle, or can put them in with other items in your wash. You don't have to use detergent, and I don't put my washing machine on anymore than normal.

If anyone is interested, I wrote reviews on 4 different types of reusables I have. I posted it in the eco friendly forum, and the baby & toddler forum. :)

Both i think. We're planning to mainly use re-usables, but not adverse to the idea of using disposables now and again (if we're out for the day for e.g.)

I suppose we'll see how it goes at the time. I'm really keen on the idea of re-usables though.

Disposables... mostly because I will have to go back to work shortly after he is born (probably within 6 weeks) and sitters/day cares won't take a baby that uses reusables.

I am going to use disposables, have mainly bought huggies so far cos I have had tons of vouchers to use for them!!

reusables here! i have brought newborn bambino mios to start with then when he grows out of them i have a drawerful of biger ones that i was given by a lady from the local real nappy network!!

with my eldest i used boots own as he got nappy rash from papmpers and leaked through huggies.

i bought 1 pack of pampers, 1 huggies and 1 boots for lil man and he had problems with all - leaked through papmers, boots were too big and huggies made him sore. so i ended up buying tescos own and that is what he used right up until potty training.

with this 1 i have got the pack of huggies from asda pack and a pack of pampers for boots bag. hopefully we will be ok, but i do think i will move onto tesco as they cheaper.

We are going disposables, looked at reusables but due to disability didn't want to worry about washing, looked at a company near us who do the laundry part for you but they don't cover our post code so disposables it is. I have brought a couple of packs of both Pampers and Huggies to see what suits him better, take care :hugs: XX

reusables, occasionally disposables when travelling, etc.

I disagree that it's cheaper to use reusables because of the cost of running the washing machine and dryer and the washing powder. I read a comparison on a website and the saving with reusables was significant, enough for me to be interested anyway; add to that the fact that I cannot in all good conscience spend money that is to go direct to a landfill and it's not really a hard decision.

Not sure if you're allowed to post links, but the website was called cuddlebabes and the link was on the left of the main page, under the FAQ How much will it cost? It's interesting reading.

Unquestionably reuseables for us! DF agreed straight away too! The main reason for us is cost, altho we have an initial outlay, the ongoing savings made over the nexxt 2/3 years is astounding (not just from product info but from users) and the resale value of reuseables far outways the money put into the land fill every fortnight! Plus i've smelt 2 week nappy bins :D The only thing disposable will be "sometimes" using biodegradable flushable liners and maybe a week or 2 initially for those early baby poos :D

im gonna use disposables.

i just think they will be easier than re usable and i dont know if i could stomach washing them! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->