napping in own room

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by skeet9924, May 29, 2013.

1. skeet9924

skeet9924 Pregnant- 3rd trimester

My little guy is 10 weeks old and I want to start getting him to nap in his own room..currently he has been doing his first two naps in our room in the bassinet.

Any hints or advice??

2. bananaz

bananaz Well-Known Member

Perhaps start by putting him down for naps in the bassinet in his room so he gets used to it, and once that's going smoothly you can work on transitioning him to his crib?

3. skeet9924

Thanks.. I took all the bedding and mattress out of the bassinet into the crib.. But I think I'll try you way since I only got a 15 min nap out of him

4. Millnsy

Millnsy Well-Known Member

Try putting the Moses basket in the cot. That way the outlook and location will feel familiar when you eventually put him in his cot.

5. Scottish mum

Scottish mum Well-Known Member

Sorry none from me my lo is 6 months old and tends to nap wherever we are he's done this since birth. But bed time is set.

6. Soph n Chris

Soph n Chris Well-Known Member

I just started putting him in there to play at first and then just out him in there to nap and away he was... A week later he slept there overnight too.

7. MrsHippo

MrsHippo Well-Known Member

My LO has been napping in her room for just over a week now. I know she is younger than yours but I started using her room more (changing, playing ect) then one day I just popped her in there and she slept really well. So I had no problems. Hopefully your LO will settle well too!

8. skeet9924

Thanks ladies.. Well first nap was 15 min lol.. I'm going to try again in a bit..

9. skeet9924

Second nap was a success!! 2hr long!! Thanks for all the support

10. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

glad the second nap worked well!

We actually started putting Rhys upstairs at night first (he used to sleep in the swing until we went up to bed) around 3 months old. He fought his naps horribly though and had those in our arms or the swing until 6 months when I finally started putting him upstairs in his crib (still in our room though). It took probably a week but it got better after that! And generally unless he's teething he now goes down pretty well--especially for his first nap :lol: sometimes still fights the second and bed time