napping in own room

skeet9924

Pregnant- 3rd trimester
Reaction score
My little guy is 10 weeks old and I want to start getting him to nap in his own room..currently he has been doing his first two naps in our room in the bassinet.

Any hints or advice??

Perhaps start by putting him down for naps in the bassinet in his room so he gets used to it, and once that's going smoothly you can work on transitioning him to his crib?

Thanks.. I took all the bedding and mattress out of the bassinet into the crib.. But I think I'll try you way since I only got a 15 min nap out of him

Try putting the Moses basket in the cot. That way the outlook and location will feel familiar when you eventually put him in his cot.

Sorry none from me my lo is 6 months old and tends to nap wherever we are he's done this since birth. But bed time is set.

I just started putting him in there to play at first and then just out him in there to nap and away he was... A week later he slept there overnight too.

My LO has been napping in her room for just over a week now. I know she is younger than yours but I started using her room more (changing, playing ect) then one day I just popped her in there and she slept really well. So I had no problems. Hopefully your LO will settle well too!

Thanks ladies.. Well first nap was 15 min lol.. I'm going to try again in a bit..

Second nap was a success!! 2hr long!! Thanks for all the support

glad the second nap worked well!

We actually started putting Rhys upstairs at night first (he used to sleep in the swing until we went up to bed) around 3 months old. He fought his naps horribly though and had those in our arms or the swing until 6 months when I finally started putting him upstairs in his crib (still in our room though). It took probably a week but it got better after that! And generally unless he's teething he now goes down pretty well--especially for his first nap :lol: sometimes still fights the second and bed time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->