• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Nappy Rash advice

faille

Mummy & WTT
Reaction score
Sorry, another thread about this lovely subject. Please bear with me whilst I try to explain :blush:

We started BLW 2 months ago and follow on milk when Violet hit 6m. After a couple of weeks, she started getting really bad nappy rash which would be red roar and quite blistery.

We'd manage to get it to clear up after a few days but within about a week, it'd come back out of the blue, really bad (not gradually get worse, it'd just appear really bad).

We've tried everything.....
Changed nappies, changed wipes, changed nappy rash cream but it'll start to clear it up but then it just comes back really bad again.

Her nappy is always changed as soon as it's dirty and it's not done up too tightly either. We use barrier cream at every change but nothing is stopping it from coming back so bad!

She's also cut a tooth during this time so not sure whether it's the follow on milk causing it, the weaning or the teething. I should also mention that her dirty nappies have about trippled in amount during this time too.

The last 24hrs, her dirty nappies have also been pretty green and really smelly. They've got like a vinegary smell (sorry TMI). But I've also noticed the slit on her gum next to the other tooth so I assume she'll get another tooth through shortly.

I'm sorry this is so long but I'm trying to work out what's causing the rash and if there's anything I'm doing wrong (ie. follow on not agreeing with her, offering wrong foods etc).

And I'm also after ideas of ways to help the rash and help prevent it? We have literally tried everything. Creams are ok to begin with but tbh haven't really helped much so I'm after other ideas if there are any?

TIA, really appreciate any help as I hate seeing her in so much discomfort :sad1:

some info https://www.thenewparentsguide.com/diaper-rash.htm

Thanks for the link.
Guess it's time to take her to the Dr's then as I can't tell what rash she has from that list and we're doing everything "right" on that website and others I've looked at..

:hugs: Poor little bum. You sound like you've tried loads of different stuff, but I'll say what we do anyway, you never know. We don't use wipes, as they make her skin funny, always just water with a bit of baby bath in. We use chamomile tea if she has a red bum and leave her with her nappy off for as long as we can.

My cousin couldn't have disposable nappies because his skin reacted to the chemicals in them, but it can't really be that as it's only a recent thing :shrug:

The green poo doesn't sound very good, I guess the GP might have some idea what's causing it.

it could be the poo causing it. my LO had nappy rash once when he had alot of runny poo. n matter how quickly you change them it makes a rash. and you say its green and smelly? thats what you should be trying to fix as i believe it is causing the rash.
take allook at this i didnt read the whole thing but the posted has the exact same problem as you and got advice.
on second thought ill PM you since its another baby forum and i dont know if im allowed ;)

it could be the poo causing it. my LO had nappy rash once when he had alot of runny poo. n matter how quickly you change them it makes a rash. and you say its green and smelly? thats what you should be trying to fix as i believe it is causing the rash.
take allook at this i didnt read the whole thing but the posted has the exact same problem as you and got advice.
on second thought ill PM you since its another baby forum and i dont know if im allowed ;)

Thanks so much for the link.
A lot of teething babies having the same as Violet and also cutting out fruit and sugar from the diet was mentioned.

I usually offer her a bit of banana at lunch every day and also some other fruit at dinner a few nights a week so I'll try cutting out the fruit and see if that helps.

Apparently the excessive saliva from teething can unbalance the Ph level, which makes sense as her nappies are smelling quite acidic and her dirty nappies are quite watery.

Thanks again. She's got an app with her paeditrician on Mon for another issue so if it doesn't clear up by then I'll try and mention it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"