Nappy size

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Connah'sMommy, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Connah'sMommy

Connah'sMommy Well-Known Member

My LO is 6weeks+2days....

And i think were going to have to buy size 3 nappies! The size 2's fit everywhere but round the tops of his legs!(cos they are a bit chunky!)
    Also never noticed before but they are for up2 13lbs and last time i had my LO weighed at 5 weeks he was 12lb 5oz!

Also just bought 3 big packs of size 2's! :dohh:

I feel like such a bad mummy :cry:cos today i noticed marks round the tops of his legs where the nappy had been :cry:

Any1 elses LO in size 3 nappies at 6 weeks?

xxx

2. Babydance

Babydance Well-Known Member

Aww hehe you must be feeding him spinach!! dont worry hun all babies grow at different rates, Sophs nearly 11 weeks and still i size 1 with some space! She's just a wee tote.
    Dont feel like a bad Mummy atall!! xxx

3. laura3103

laura3103 Mum to 2 expecting no3 :)

my little one as only just gone into size 3s she is 5 months and weights 18lb but she still gets marks on her legs as she has got really chunky legs but they dont bother her and they soon disappear when i give her nappy free time.

4. dali

dali Well-Known Member

no harm in trying them , babies all grow at different rates :)
    my little guy was 7lb 2 when he was born but has always been tall and skinny, as a result he was still in the size 1 nappies that say upto 11lb whe he was weighing near 15lb lol. and the tabs still pretty much met in th middle. so i dont think the weight guide always is relevant, but definatly give the next size a try, if they are too big you can always put them away for a few weeks :)

5. Babydance

Babydance Well-Known Member

Sorry i meant to add Soph gets marks at the top of her legs and the tabs on her size 1 nappies still need to almost over lap, it might not be that they were too tight hun xxx

6. Nibblenic

Nibblenic Well-Known Member

Just take them back and tell them you bought the wrong size and you would like to exchange, dead easy :D

7. x-Rainbow-x

x-Rainbow-x Mum to Phoebe, Alex n Ben

Alex has just changed to size 3 this week hes 18 weeks and 13lb 4oz the 2's started leaving marks on his legs, i got the size 3 newborn and natural fit and i think i like the natural fit better!

8. celine

celine Well-Known Member

Mine switched to size 3 at about 8 weeks cos I found the size 2's left marks on his legs :)
    The size 3 looks a little big but it keeps the poop in so it cant be wrong!

9. Mrs-N

Mrs-N Mummy to Joshua James

dont worry about what size nappies hes in.
    joshua is in size 5 nappies and has been for months now.

10. ellismum

ellismum Ellis' mum!!

Dont worry about Nappy sizes, babies don't come in uniform sizes!! Ellis was only in size 2 for a few weeks. Just check the weight on the nappies, I brought Pampers Newborn Size 3 and they were alot smaller than standard Pampers size 3. You might also find that he will fit other brands better as he gets older. Pampers were a good fit when he was smaller but now Huggies are.