Nappy Stash

B

birdiex

Hey everyone!

I'm 9 weeks at the moment, but after my first scan hopefully I'm going to start building up a stash so that it's not a huge outlay at once closer to the end. I've got the voucher for a free BG in my pregnancy bounty pack, and I'm going to get OH to bring home the mum & baby mag for another free BG voucher. In my pregnancy pack I also got a half-price totsbots starter kit voucher, with one easyfit, one teenyfit, one bamboozle stretch (i think), a wrap & 10 liners.

I also have a voucher for a free box of size 1 huggies, which I'll probably use until the mecounium has passed and until I have the nappy technique right (folding ect). I was going to use prefolds as my main bulk of the stash, but I really love everyone's pretty nappies. What would you all reccommend nappy/wraps-wise? I was going to try and get most of my wraps from ebay, as well as a few more expensive ones. What did you all have for your LO when they were newborn/small?

Thanks! :flow:

this is what I'd planned to get:

3 x-small fuzzis
3 teenyfits
3 small itti aios
3 small itti sios
1 flip cover w/ stay dry and organic inserts
2 BG V4s
2 small wnss
2 small bambootys
2 easyfits
2 lil joeys
2 small wn wraps
2 size 1 tots bots stretch
1 small WNNL
2 small BBSS

ETA: I've tried most nappies with poppy, the thing is you definitely need to try a few different brands, hence why ive not got more than 3 of any one type here, once you work out what's best for your lo and you, then sell the rest and put the funds towards the ones that do work for you!

Congratulations on your pregnancy and how exciting you plan to use cloth! I probably won't be much help on the newborn front as Xavier didn't go into cloth until he was 3 months old. But, I would say - and I'm sure most others here would agree - that the birth-to-potty ones will not actually fit well from birth (although they are fab later on) even if you have a largish baby. So I would start with sized ones and then consider BTPs later.

I love the bamboozle stretch that you are considering (size 2 is BTP but size one will fit from birth). My favourite wraps with them are the Nature Babies ones. Other ones which are generally consider good are the motherease ones (I liked these but prefer poppers to velcro). And if you want pretty, then weenotions are always good!

My favourite nappies overall are Flips but they are BTP so I'd say probably good from around 8 weeks maybe.

Definitely try variouas things - don't buy loads of one type in case they don't suit your babies shape - e.g. Ittis and Bambootys are really popular (so definitely try them!) but neither suited Xavier's shape and we had leaks like crazy.

A good way to try different ones out, if you're happy to buy preloved, is to check out the sales board on here!

Thanks girls! I'm probably going to have a fairly small baby (I was 5lb 3oz & OH was 6lb), and none of mine or his siblings or relatives busted the 8lb mark - so I was planning to use prefolds then since they're more adaptable to size, and then try more branded ones as they grow. I was just trawling through buy swap & sell a second ago, and there was a few I wanted to grab but I'm keeping restrained for now! I also want to invest in some pretty shelves to show them off haha. Thanks for the replies & advice! :)

elphaba is 100% right! And to prove her point... Ittis make up 95% of our stash!

Where's the half price TB voucher??

I agree with what the girls have said, even people who have had children in cloth don't always find the same brands fit. I have mostly Issy Bears for my 2yr old and just got a few Itty Bitty Tuttos which are proper BTP - most BTP brands only do from like 8 or 10lbs whereas Tuttos claim to work from 6lb all the way up to 44lb. I don't know what they're like on a newborn as my wee boy isn't due until the end of July.

Thanks again for all the replies! Aaisrie, it's in the bounty book, close to where the free BG voucher is :)

I love the Itti's, too! Our stash is a mix of Bum Genius and Itti's, with a few Issy Bears, Pop-in Dream Dri, a few Wonderoo's, and some Little Lambs. I'd advise you to get a few fitted and pocket nappies, as well as prefolds, just so you know what you like. Just don't buy loads of one type, because not all babies suit one type of nappy.

And congrats on bumpling!

Thanks! I'm going to start shopping around after my scan and start to build up a stash then, since it'll spread the cost a lot. Thankyou all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->