Naps during day, advice please!

LoraLoo

Pregnant with a Rainbow
Reaction score
I have just moved Amy into her own cot/room after co-sleeing with me. I've been using controlled crying (this is the 3rd day) and its going fab, 15mins the first night, about 30 seconds last night :thumbup:
I've also started putting her in hercot for a nap during the day rathe than falling asleep on me. Yesterdays nap went well- cried for all of 15 seconds and flat out. Today, 15 seconds of crying....went to check on her after 5 mins and she is sat in her cot just looking round and playing with her new teddy (that I got her for being such a 'big girl'!)
She's stillnot gone to sleep, do I leave her there or bring her down? Feel a bit cruel just leaving her but Im thinking its best she understands I wont come running if she doesnt fall asleep straight away? xxxxx

Leave her be...she is playing with teddy and very well may lay down with him and have a good nap. If you go get her everytime she sits awake she will quickly learn that if she just sits there awake you will come get her.

I am a true believer that kids need rest...that means either a nap, or just laying in their bed resting quietly. Either way they get to recharge and will be much happier the rest of the day.

Leave her be...she is playing with teddy and very well may lay down with him and have a good nap. If you go get her everytime she sits awake she will quickly learn that if she just sits there awake you will come get her.

I am a true believer that kids need rest...that means either a nap, or just laying in their bed resting quietly. Either way they get to recharge and will be much happier the rest of the day.

Thanks, great advice :thumbup: will definately just leave her be in the future. Trouble is the monkey has now fallen asleep - 10 min before we are due to go out! Hopefully she will soon get to realise that her cot means sleep and will get into a good routine (better late than never i guess!) :flower: xx

Im the same as momofmister, I leave Alex even if hes awake in his darkened bedrom. He always falls asleep even if its after 45mins!

I am the same hun, Ellie gets tired around the same time every day but if the odd day even if she doesnt look that tired I still put her down for her nap even if she plays for a little while she tends to fall asleep in the end. I tried leaving her up before now but then she gets really grumpy.x

I agree, I'd leave her be, she learns to enjoy her own company this way as well rather than always depending on mummy and then you will find yourself with a very clingy baby xx

i agree with everyone else- i always leave lyssa unless she gets upset- in which case i'l go get her.
on the days (like yesterday) when she refuses to nap for so long that she becomes hysterical (this is downstairs in my arms- couldnt stop her screaming) i pop her in her buggy and we walk until she calms down and falls asleep- so yeah im a true believer in children needing their rest x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->