Nasty cough - help!

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by KatyKat, Jan 31, 2011.

1. KatyKat

KatyKat Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any advice for soothing a nasty cough?

Izzy has obvioualy picked up some kind of cold, she's all snuffly and sounds like she's rattling when she's breathing, but she also has a nasty dry cough. She's brought up 3 feeds in the last 24 hours as a result of a coughing fit, and the best the dr could suggest was to give her cooled boiled water if she was bringing up too many feeds to keep her hydrated! :growlmad:

I've tried keeping her in a steamy room, which seems to ease the stuffy nose, but I can't think what to do for the cough?

Any advice - it's killing me listening to her coughing and crying :cry:

2. CormacksGirl

CormacksGirl Mum to Adam & #2 on the w

Aaaw hun, I can't help with advice but I know how you feel Adam has a nasty cough too but he's 11months and can take medicine for it, but it's not doing much good!! Hope LO feels better soon!!x

3. leoniebabey

leoniebabey mam of 2 boys

i know how you feel hun, but sadly no advice. I took LO to drs and basically got told i was stupid and overeacting, he's had it for well over a week and is too bringing up food due to coughing and choking :(.
    Hope it goes soon x