Natalie's weight loss journal to Clomid !!!!!!

natp18

Reaction score
Those of you who dont know I lost my Angel Lillie in October 2009 and her twin back in June.I also lost a baby 3 years ago through early misscarriage.It took me 2 years to get pregnant with Lillie due to me having low progestion levels.
The month I finally got refered to the fertility clinic at the hospital was the month we found out we was having Lillie. Hence why we never went for our fertility appointment.
After having Lillie I knew straight away I wanted TTC again ,not to replace Lillie and our other 2 Angels but because I wanted my Angels to have sibblings so there memory would live on through them.Also me and my partner tried for so long and have alot of love to give to a baby.
I spoke to my GP last month as we knew that there was a problem with my progestion levels making it very hard for me to concieve. He said not to worry as the fertility clinic can give you something to help with low progestion levels its a tablet called Clomid. I was also concerned if I had any damage to any of my reproductive parts as I had suffered with alot of infections and a had a really bad uterus infection I got from the CVS procedure the hospital did. Apparently infections can causes scarring which can lead to fertility issues so my GP said they will be able to do a procedure where they can check for damage. Anyway they are the 2 main obsticles I face for being able to try again.
Oh anyway back to my appointment with the fertility clinic who were suppose to help me with these problems....... ha ha ha ha as if anything is that straight forward with the NHS,they accepted all of the above as concerns but apparently they wont help me as I am overweight and overweight people should not be able to be pregnant and have children ....He said it as rude and direct as that.
He was also sent a letter about Lillie and our additional Genetic risks so we didnt have to explain a upsetting and sensative matter. This Doctor did not bother to read this letter before hand,he skimmed over my notes and this letter in front of us....he was horrible he got the name of her syndrome wrong and why she had died ,he also told us she died last year in July ,eventhough we have just lost her in Oct 09. He asked us questions and then wouldnt allow us to reply ,he spoke over us. Then he closed his file and said he is not willing to help any further. I was fuming ,I never had the best care with Lillie from consultants and Doctors so I hate them now.
I demanded to see someone else and told him his manner was appauling,he was so rude. Anyway then the head consultant came ,I explained the way we had been treated and told him my concerns and my GPs concerns. His manner was nicer. Anyway he said the NHS wont fund overweight people for Clomid"all it is ,is 1 tablet aday that will boost my progestion" It makes me so angry when I pay a fortune in Tax and NI not to be able to get care when I need it, but all these smack heads who dont pay into the system get there methadone and all there medication.
Anyway the nurse took my weight,said oh my you never weigh that much from looking at you,then asked if that was right . I said I didnt know and she weighed me again and it was correct,she then made a big scene about how well I carry it and I do for my size. Its not as if people would look at me and think she is obese, I am realistic and do know I need to loose the weight I have gained,but I have to loose 2 stone by next month or I will be taken off their books and my gp will have to re refer once I have lost the weight.
I just dont get why I keep having all these obsticles in my life to have one healthy baby who is with me.....dont get me wrong I love my angel babys I really do.
I just feel time is against us now ,not sure if you know but Lillie died from a rare syndrome which is a recessive faulty gene that she has got from us and there is a high possibilitie this can happen again in future pregnancys .So we are classed as high risk and as the Genetics doctor told us ,we may have numerous failed pregnancy before we have a viable pregnancy or the next baby could be fine. But this can all take time and I am in my late twentys too.
I just dont think its ever gonna happen for us now!

Anyway I am gonna try and crash diet to at least try to loose 2 stone in a month. I have to try but I dont think it will happen that fast. And if I am honest I know I am over weight and this as given me the kick up the bum I need..............................

Diet

I was at first going to start the Cambridge diet but they wont accept me just yet as I have not long delivered,apparently they make you wait until after 12 weeks of delivery.

I am now on the Atkins diet started Tuesday...............

Tuesday 15th December .....Start weight .......... 17 stone

Friday 18th December...................................... 16 stone 9 lbs

I am so mad for you!!! My pre pregnancy weight was 230 and I had a perfectly healthy pregnancy and baby. For them to think overweight women can't have a healthy baby is LUDICROUS! And then they want you to become unhealthy so they CAN give you a baby?! It's so unhealthy to crash diet and then they go forcing you to do it so you will be "healthy enough to carry a baby?!" It's insane! :growlmad:

I'm so sorry for you. I really hope you loose the weight in time even if it is unhealthy to loose 2 stone in 1 month. I'm so sorry for your losses. :hugs:

Just a quick update.......still going strong on the Atkins,just hope I am doing it
right!!!! I am working along the assumption that if I eat meat,eggs and cheese and nothing else then it should work. What do you guys think???
Gonna give it a couple more days and I'll weigh myself.......

Has anyone done the Atkins and lost alot of weight?

Hugs
Natxxxx

I couldnt help myself but I weighed myself today,after starting the atkins on Tuesday
with starting weight at 17 stone.........I am now 16.7lb.................omg half a stone already!!!!. I do know from my many diets in the past that the weight always dropps really quickly in the first week with any diet. Just fingers crossed another stone and a half to go will fall quickly too.

:hugs::hugs::flower::flower:
What awful doctors!
I wish to you the best with your goal hunny, so awful that they are putting pressure on you to lose that much so quickly. That's not healthy either!

I hope you get there and your baby dreams can be realised. :hugs::hugs:

I preferred 'South Beach' to 'Atkins' as you were allowed to eat a few selected 'greens' and were encouraged to eat low fat cheese/meat and not too many nuts

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->