National Childbirth Trust antenatal classes.

New2Bumps

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys
Reaction score
Anyone else going to these?

I am - been offered a spot in November :)

It's £135 but 20 hours of antenatal class so well worth it. Can even pay in installments and it's cheaper if on a reduced income.
Get 2 Saturday sessions 10am till 4pm then one Wednesday morning one (4hrs) for just ladies, then a final Wednesday evening one (4hrs) for breastfeeding. NHS is only 3 classes 1 1/2 hours each in the afternoon. Only 4 1/2 hrs.

The classes are kept small (about 7 couples) so that everyone gets to know each other and people keep in touch afterwards. Other ppl there will be due in January too so we will all be giving birth near the same time. There is usually a post birth meet up organised too by the NCT but from what I can gather, ppl usually stay in touch anyway. Also, because of them being on Saturday my hubby will be able to come for the 2 main longer day classes. I also like that the classes will be taught by the same person all of the way through and all of the people will be local to my area.

Sounds good to me!

Maybe some of you in the Midlands will be going :D

Yep - I'm doing them... over £200 for me though in London - I think maybe even £230!! I'm doing them mainly for the meeting other people locally in the same boat - and of course the info. My husband was very insistent on us doing them - which is not really like him, so I'm pleased.

They're being held practically next door to where I live, which is on the perimeter of a very popular park which has a great kids playground and 1 o'clock club and is always full of mums with prams/buggies, so I'm hoping during maternity I won't be lonely or starved of adult company as I imagine I'll be seeing lots of the other couples there out and about.

Yes, I signed up for November classes when I was 9 weeks pregnant...

The classes are supposed to be ok (a bit "rose tinted", but better than NHS classes), but the best thing is supposed to be the support network that they help you make.

Think that mine was about £175. Virtually all classes are Tuesday mornings (no choice at all :shrug: ), but fortunately husband has his own business (so can be flexible...)

QT

The one that is basically just at the bottom of my road is day time only so I can't make it. :nope: Gutted as I really wanted to use it to make friends in the area. Good idea though.

we started ours yesterday, there was 9 couples registered to ours and they're all really nice and similar ages to us as well.

We're going on some - they start in October and cost £174. Will be Tuesday evenings. I don't know what they'll be like but figure I need all the info I can get!

YES! Heard such good things about them - mainly about meeting people. Ours are in the evenings which is great (the free ones through the hospital were at 11:30am on Thursdays.... most convenient).

Think ours must be goldplated at £279 though!

I am having trouble getting on them, they all seem to be far away which is not great for meeting people, or booked up. I have found one that is for October / November mums and am hoping I might be able to get on that even though I am not sue until December. Apparently they also do regular coffee mornings so even if you can't get to the classes or they are too expensive those might be good to go along to once the baby is born as a way of meeting people. The ones I was looking at are about £170.

wow Margie, maybe you'll get a free gold plated baby bottle!

Hang on you have to pay for anti-natal classes? I am sure we dont in Scotland.

Hang on you have to pay for anti-natal classes? I am sure we dont in Scotland.

These are private classes - seperate from what we can receive on the NHS...

QT

hey guys jus reading the thread, could anyone explain to me what these classes are? when you take these classes? and do some/all pregnant ladies get offered free ones? thanks in advance xxxxx

hey guys jus reading the thread, could anyone explain to me what these classes are? when you take these classes? and do some/all pregnant ladies get offered free ones? thanks in advance xxxxx

https://www.nctpregnancyandbabycare.com/home will answer some questions.

QT

I'm starting some in November in Manchester and my friend went on some and she now does activites with the friends she made such as baby massage and swimming so sounds good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->