Natural birth after a c-section

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by ThisTimePls, Dec 14, 2009.

1. ThisTimePls

ThisTimePls Well-Known Member

Hi -

I wondered if anyone else is thinking about / or has researched / talked to consultant about having a natural birth after a c-section?

I am starting to think about this and would welcome any thoughts!!

Claire x:shrug:

2. Jadey121

Jadey121 Mummy of 2. Expecting No3

Me! I had an emergency section in Oct 2008. Im going to see my consultant at 28 weeks to discuss my vbac :)

3. chele

chele Mummy to Max & Hayden

i know things will have changed in the last 30 years but I was c-section and then mum had my brother two years later naturally x

4. LogansMama

LogansMama Well-Known Member

I'm trying for one if my doctor will let me. I have spoken to her. It depends on a few factors right now. I won't really know if I get to try until the very end, but it IS my plan!

5. mrsmo7

mrsmo7 5 beautiful waterbabies.

I know poeple who have a sucsesstul VBAC after 2,3 and even 4 sections.
    There is a good website www.vbac.org.uk
    xx

6. belleii

belleii Mother of 3 and Pregnant

Hay hun just to let you know that I'm having number 4. My daughter was born normally and then i had my son born at 37wks who was c-section, but it was something that I never wanted to go through again. So with number 3 they said that it was over 2years since my c-section that I could try natural but I would be watched carefully just in case but everything went fine and he is now 3yrs and number 4 is due in May.

7. rachlouise25

rachlouise25 mum of 3 xxx

hi there ,i had a emergancy c section under general may this yr ,ive also been wondering if i could actually have this baby natural too as i dont really want to have another c section ,if i got to have one then i have no choice ,anyone else had baby by c section then fell pregnant pretty much few weeks later ,xxx

8. ThisTimePls

ThisTimePls Well-Known Member

Great to hear all of this - thanks.

Nice to hear from people who have managed to do this sucessfully!

Let's all stay in touch with news, advice and any info! x

9. girlross

girlross Active Member

Hey ladies! I'm going vbac since my c-section was over 10 yrs ago! Mine was an emergency because my son was extra large 10Lbs! My first was natural.So my vbac depends on how large baby is in the end! So far so good!

10. lnic1970

lnic1970 mum of 3

ive had 2 sections, 1st one emergency 19 years ago & the 2nd one elective 12 years ago - im planning on vbac this time so hopefully everything will go ok with pregnancy & they will allow me to go into labour naturally. Ive done loads of research on this subject and have read of ladies having natural deliveries after many sections so PMA all the way for all of us :thumbup: x