• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Natural Family Planning while WTT?

sarah2211

Reaction score
Is anyone else using FAM while waiting?

I came off the pill in November last year and haven't fallen pregnant yet, despite trying. However it's looking like we will be waiting until October-November 2016.

My husband is away for work for another month and once he returns we are unable to have unprotected sex for another month due to Zika exposure. So I would be using this method for 5-6 months.

I'm not sure whether to go back on the pill or to use the NFP method.

I temp and check CM. If we fell pregnant it would be amazing, but due to other factors, it'd be best to wait until then.

Thanks.

DH and I tried for a year, and then due to me going back to school, we've put it on hold until Aug and I refused to go back on the pill. I continue to temp like I was when ttc so I always know where I am in my cycle and natural family planning has worked for the last 4 months.

I think if you have regular cycles you would be safe that route, but since you have health concerns with the Zika exposure if you aren't 100% sure of your cycles maybe use other forms, but if you are going to ttc in the relatively near future I'd stay off the hormones.

I would normally say yes, I have used this method successfully in the past. However, I wouldn't risk it if he had been in a zika area. I fell pregnant using this method as one month I ovulated a full week earlier than normal, the result of which is sitting with me now, lol.

In terms of birth control, what about condoms? I had to be really careful for 6 months after my ectopic as the treatment I got was a form of chemotherapy which is known to cause birth defects. I fell pregnant on the 7th month, haha!

Thanks everyone. We will use condoms until the Zika thing has passed. They've said 4 weeks with condoms.

My cycles are pretty regular and I'm pretty good at temping. We could safely say when I'm most fertile and when I'm not.

Haha very exciting! If we fell pregnant it wouldn't be the end of the world. It would mean less than ideal choices might have to be made but it wouldn't be terrible.

Condoms, I'm not sure that the DH would be so keen and to be honest I'm not a huge fan. We will for the first 4 weeks because of Zika but I'm not sure after that. Definitely during the fertile window or up until FF says I've ovulated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"